Author Topic: Taylor and White (Borders)  (Read 994 times)

Offline Delphinum

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Taylor and White (Borders)
« on: Thursday 19 January 06 22:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,
I'm looking for any information on my Dad's side of the family.
My Grandfather's name was John Mulvie White and he was born in Clovenfords in the Scottish Borders in 1933.  His parents, Annie (nee Mulvie, I believe) and James, as far as I know were born there too.  They lived on a farm on Meigle Hill, which is where my granddad's ashes are scattered.  I think some family were in Ayton as there are 17 White's buried according to records and I remember my granddad saying he went to school there.  He also went to school in Peebles.
My Grandmother's name is Isabella Willis (born 1937), daughter of James Taylor and Isabella Taylor of Galashiels.
I'm ideally looking for what happened before that (pre 1900-ish).  She also has an aunt (Agnes Taylor who is still alive at 99 years old - wee soul!) and some family were supposedly in Eyemouth.
My gran has some information but she's 400 miles away up in Scotland, so I'm going to find out more... but it would be great if anyone had any information on any connections in these areas. 
Thanks,
Ang xx
Whites in Dunbar, Ayton & Galashiels, Scotland.  Taylors of Galashiels & Lincolnshire.  Solans and Morans in Ireland.  Mulvies in Clovenfords, Scotland.  Reynolds of Dunbar.  Dodds of Ayton.