Author Topic: "Mother Unknown" on death certificate?  (Read 8021 times)

Offline pat77

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
"Mother Unknown" on death certificate?
« on: Friday 20 January 06 01:13 GMT (UK) »
Strange or what! My My gggg grandfather was George Fleming
born 1st May1781 in West Calder.His wife was Margaret Henthorn.
His parents were John Fleming and Elizabeth Taitt.
Margaret Henthorn died 13th January 1857 in Old Monklands
aged 65yrs. Her father is listed as Thomas Henthorn (farmer) deceased. Her mother is down as unknown.I cannot find a birth or marriage for her.i have been to Edinburgh and tried all the sites over the years but I am stumped. HELP !!!!!
Love pat

Offline ADP

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: "Mother Unknown" on death certificate?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 January 06 16:47 GMT (UK) »
Pat,

Either your dates are wrong, or the death certificate of the mother is not for the right person. You have her death, aged 65 in 1857. That implies a birth year of about 1792. You have her son's birth in 1781, eleven years before his mother was born.  :o

ADP

Offline pat77

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 20 January 06 18:30 GMT (UK) »
adp, Thanks I have mistaken the dates.Margaret Fleming(henthorn) died 1857 Old Monkland which makes her birth around 1792.Her husband George Fleming was born1781.Their son Thomas was born around 1810.Sorry about the mistake. Pat

Offline kenjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 23 January 06 06:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pat,
I did some research for friends in Australia, and they have picked up the trail again, as they will be taking a long trip to the Uk in a few months, I noticed your post, if you would like to get in contact with your rellies, send me a private message, and I will put you through to them..By the way....I think I have just sent you a message with Genes Reunited.. regards Joanne

Descendants of John Fleming

First Generation

1. John Fleming .

John married.

The child from this marriage was:

+ 2 M    i. George Fleming was born on an unknown date in Ireland, died on 13 Sep 1865 in Palace Craig, Old Monkland, Lanarkshire. at age 86, Aged 86Yrears,.

Second Generation (Children)

~~~~~~~~

2. George Fleming (John1) was born on an unknown date in Ireland, died on 13 Sep 1865 in Palace Craig, Old Monkland, Lanarkshire. at age 86, and was buried in Aged 86Yrears,.

1861c
3 North Canal Row, Old Monkland, Palace Craig estate, Near Glasgow.
George Fleming 70y Wid, Night watchman at pit, born Ireland.

George married Margaret Henthorn, daughter of Thomas Henthorn and Unknown. Margaret was born on an unknown date, died on 13 Jan 1857 in Faskine, Old Monkland, Lanarkshire. at age 65, and was buried in Chapel St, Airdrie,.

Children from this marriage were:

+ 3 M    i. Thomas Fleming was born on an unknown date in Ireland and died on 18 Dec 1862 in Woodhall, Old Monkland, Lanarkshire. at age 51.

4 M    ii. George Fleming .

Third Generation (Grandchildren)

~~~~~~~~

3. Thomas Fleming (George2, John1) was born on an unknown date in Ireland and died on 18 Dec 1862 in Woodhall, Old Monkland, Lanarkshire. at age 51.

General Notes: 1861 names index

Census taken Bothwell 625/2 emun dist 15 pages 6/7

Thomas Fleming age 45 born Ireland
Agnes age 37 born Glasgow
Richard age 17 born New Monklands
Thomas age 15 born New Monklands
Joseph age 13 born Old Monklands
Agnes age 10 born New Monklands
Robert age 7 born Old Monklands
Janet age 3 born Boness
Elizabeth age 1 born Bothwell

Thomas married Agnes Dawson, daughter of Robert Dawson and Agnes Eadie, on 6 Mar 1841 in Airdrie, Lanarkshire. Agnes was born to 22 Jun 1821 in Glasgow and died on 5 Apr 1909 in Netherton, New Kilpatrick. at age 87.

Agnes is then with James McBride no Marriage can be found.

~~~~~~~~--------------------

1881 Census

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

In the Death Certificate, for Agnes Dawson, it stated that her father was George Dawson, this will be an error. on the part of her son Joseph Fleming.
It most likely should be, Father, Robert Dawson.

5 M    i. Richard Fleming was born on an unknown date in New Monklands and died after 1861.

General Notes: Richard was the informant for his father's Death, in 1862

6 M    ii. Thomas Fleming was born on an unknown date in New Monklands.

7 M    iii. Joseph Fleming was born on an unknown date in Old Monklands and died after 1908.

General Notes: Joseph was the informant for his mother's Death. 1909

8 M    iv. Robert Fleming was born on an unknown date in Faskine..

9 F    v. Janet Fleming was born on 6 Apr 1858 in Bo'Ness, West Lothian, Scotland.

+ 10 F    vi. Elizabeth Fleming was born on 10 May 1860 in Bothwell, Lanark, died in 1946 in Richmond, Victoria at age 86, and was buried in Aged 86Yrs..

11 F    vii. Agnes Fleming was born on an unknown date in Airdrie, Lanarkshire..

12 F    viii. Georgina Dawson Fleming was born on 21 Apr 1862 in Airdrie, Lanarkshire..

Pattillo, Connon, Shand, Mackie, Hickey, Brooks, Ryan.

Offline kenjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 23 January 06 07:02 GMT (UK) »
CONTINUED

Fourth Generation (Great-Grandchildren)

~~~~~~~~

10. Elizabeth Fleming (Thomas3, George2, John1) was born on 10 May 1860 in Bothwell, Lanark, died in 1946 in Richmond, Victoria at age 86,

General Notes:

~~~~~~~~-----------------------1861 names index

Census taken Bothwell 625/2 emun dist 15 pages 6/7

Thomas Fleming age 45 born Ireland
Agnes age 37 born Glasgow
Richard age 17 born New Monklands
Thomas age 15 born New Monklands
Joseph age 13 born Old Monklands
Agnes age 10 born New Monklands
Robert age 7 born Old Monklands
Janet age 3 born Boness
Elizabeth age 1 born Bothwell

~~~~~~~~------

1881 Census

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

Elizabeth married James Miller, son of James Miller and Mary Hay, on 13 Jul 1882 in The Manse, Maryhill, Lanarkshire. James was born on 26 Jan 1855 in Cowdonhill House, New Kilpatrick, Dumbartonshire., died in 1939 in Victoria, at age 84, listed  aged 79 Yrs.. Another name for James was Millar.

Noted events in his life were:

James was born at 6.10pm.

13 F    i. Agnes Miller was born on 9 Aug 1883.

+ 14 M    ii. Carrington Campbell Beattie Miller was born on an unknown date, died in 1940 in Richmond, Victoria at age 56,

+ 15 F    iii. Mary Miller was born on an unknown date in Nsw. and died in 1970 in Camb: Victoria at age 82.

16 M    iv. Robert Miller was born on an unknown date in Victoria,, died in 1950 in Melbourne. at age 59,

17 M    v. James Miller was born on an unknown date in Victoria, ?, died in 1956 in Fitzroy, Victoria at age 60,

18 F    vi. Elizabeth Miller was born in 1897 in Victoria,.

19 F    vii. Jessie Miller was born in 1899 in Victoria,.

20 M    viii. David Miller was born in 1902 in Victoria,.

Fifth Generation (Great Great-Grandchildren)

~~~~~~~~

14. Carrington Campbell Beattie Miller (Elizabeth Fleming4, Thomas3, George2, John1) was born on an unknown date, died in 1940 in Richmond, Victoria at age 56,

Carrington married Emma McBain in 1915 in Victoria.

21 F    i. Iris May Miller was born in 1915 in Calton, Melbourne, died in 1978 in Inver: . Victoria. at age 63, stated age 61 Years..

Iris married Snelling.

22 M    ii. John Robert Miller was born in 1917 in Collingwood, Melbourne. and died in 1919 in Calton, Melbourne at age 2.

23 M    iii. James Keith Miller was born in 1920 in Collingwood, Melbourne..

15. Mary Miller (Elizabeth Fleming4, Thomas3, George2, John1) was born on an unknown date in Nsw. and died in 1970 in Camb: Victoria at age 82.

Mary married Joseph Barnard in 1912 in Victoria.

The child from this marriage was:

24 M    i. Joseph Campbell Barnard was born in 1912 in Fitzroy, Victoria and died in 1912 in Calton, Melbourne.

Offline pat77

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 23 January 06 13:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Joanne, Thanks for all the info. I had a lot of it but you filled in a few gaps. I had George Fleming down as been born in May 1781 in West Calder.Parents John Fleming and Elizabeth
Taitt although his date was 2 years out which is not unusual.Yours is probably right which is why i was stuck.My Ancestor is Joseph son of Agnes Dawson and Thomas Fleming.
Joseph died 16th October 1930 at 19 Top Long,Netherton Rows,New KIlpatrick.aged 81 years,died of senectus heart failure.Thanks again. Pat x

Offline kenjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 24 January 06 05:10 GMT (UK) »
That's great Pat, :D
My friends would love to email you.
If your willing.
Can you click on the green scroll to the left and send me a message.
You may have more history about the area of Glasgow, for Lorraine.
Regards,
Jo :)

Offline pat77

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 26 January 06 18:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi jo, Can you tell me who Andrew Fleming is? You have him in the 1881 Census and I have never come accross any Andrew.Also George Fleming in the census says he is a night watchman aged 70 although he was in his mid eighties.Pat

Offline kenjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 27 January 06 06:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pat,
George Fleming was a night watchman, he has taken 10yrs+ off his age but, this is him, I feel quite sure, He is in the right place ,doing the right job....
Regarding Andrew Fleming( I have no idea where he fits in), only that our Elizabeth Fleming is working for him....so am presuming he is some relative, I have bought the marriage and I think,      other certificates but can't find the connection.

The 1881c isn't relevant to you......
but George will be correct.....
regards,
Jo