Author Topic: Hardy Family in Derbyshire  (Read 1233 times)

Offline young mo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Hardy Family in Derbyshire
« on: Friday 20 January 06 02:36 GMT (UK) »
I'm searching for the marriage of Ellen Hardy born 1864. In 1871 she is living with her parents John & Sarah & her sister Harriett, born 1868, who was my Great Grandmother. Harriett married Francis Downing Jones in St Asaph, Rhyl in 1890 so presumably the family had moved to Wales by then. By 1881 Ellen is no longer living at Baroon, Castle Donington, but, there are two Ellen Hardy's aged 17 in the area and I don't know which one she is. I have found a likely marriage for her in 1886 but wherever I look there is no name of spouse listed and it seems this is mistranscribed. If anyone could help with this I would be grateful.
Morris (Staffs/Leics/Derbys) Jones (Rhyl/Staffs) Pollard (Notts) Wardle (Leics/Derbys) Parsons (Leics) Hardy, Hargeaves (Leics/Debys) Downing, Thomas, Roberts (Nth Wales) Oldershaw White Bucknall Parker (Leics) Bullus (Staffs)

Offline rgeldard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Hardy Family in Derbyshire
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 January 06 17:31 GMT (UK) »
Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

Butler - Ramsgate (Kent)
Shepherd - West Mersea (Essex)
Tettersell - Brighton (Sussex)
Buss - Maidstone (Kent)
Geldard - Leeds (Yorkshire)

Offline young mo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Hardy Family in Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 21 January 06 20:25 GMT (UK) »
 Thanks Richard you found the right one!  I now know because I had taken the plunge & ordered a marriage certificate that I gueesed was her but was unable to find a spouses name. However, I specified that her father must be John & he must be a basket maker. I got the right one and Henrietta Pollard is a witness along with William Morris, which was also my Grandfather & Gt Grandfather's name. The really spooky thing is that Ellen married a George Morris, and, as I had already worked out that both my Mother & Father's side of the family didn't live all that far away from each other at the end of the 1800's, I'm left wondering if my Mother, a foundling, married back into the family she was already related to!!! Downside is I don't have another surname to work with. The other Ellen Hardy, aged 17, was at 39 Independent St, Radford as a Grandaughter of William & Sarah Hardy. That one was born in Notts but, as we all know, things can be mistranscribed to add to our confusion!  Thanks again. Mo
Morris (Staffs/Leics/Derbys) Jones (Rhyl/Staffs) Pollard (Notts) Wardle (Leics/Derbys) Parsons (Leics) Hardy, Hargeaves (Leics/Debys) Downing, Thomas, Roberts (Nth Wales) Oldershaw White Bucknall Parker (Leics) Bullus (Staffs)