Author Topic: Harriet Ellen Jones from Rhyl  (Read 2455 times)

Offline young mo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Harriet Ellen Jones from Rhyl
« on: Friday 20 January 06 02:49 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone out there have this lady in their family tree?  She was born in 1893 at St Asaph, Rhyl and her parents were Francis Downing Jones & Harriett nee Hardy. There were six children in the family;- Sarah L b1892, Harriet Ellen b1893, John Francis b1895 d1896, George Downing b1897, Francis Hardy b1899 & Edward Henry 1901. I'm afraid there is a bit of a family secret attached to Harriet Ellen, in that she gave birth to my Mother out of wedlock in 1912 and gave her baby to the Thomas Coram Association. I have found out quite a lot about the family, but, the only thing I have found after 1912 is that George Downing returned from the war in 1919 & the family were still living at School House, Wellington Road then.  I almost found a living relative once on the Kegworth village site, which is where Harriett Hardy came from, but, as the site had been dormant since 2003 I was unable to contact her!
Morris (Staffs/Leics/Derbys) Jones (Rhyl/Staffs) Pollard (Notts) Wardle (Leics/Derbys) Parsons (Leics) Hardy, Hargeaves (Leics/Debys) Downing, Thomas, Roberts (Nth Wales) Oldershaw White Bucknall Parker (Leics) Bullus (Staffs)