Author Topic: 1841 lookup Southwark - BOWBRICK  (Read 16876 times)

Offline delambo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 lookup Southwark - BOWBRICK
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 16 May 10 23:18 BST (UK) »
Delambo, your tree is great, very impressive site....I hope that at some point there is a cross over with our Bowbricks and yours.

Thanks, and I can make it much better with all of your help.  If anyone has anything to contribute please send it over, any photos, scans etc in connection with the Bowbrick name I will pop it on the site.

Also any GEDcom files I can merge with my tree and we can try to find common ancestors that way.  If you have a tree uploaded to Genes Reunited it is easy to download a gedcom from there.  Simply hover over "Family tree" on any page, then click "Gedcoms".  Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see a link "Export Gedcom".  Click this link and your gedcom will be sent to you by email.  Forward the gedcom to my email and I will merge our trees and include your ancestors on my site.

Also if any of you would like to be added to my site as a contact let me have any details you are willing to share (email only is probably best) as I will be adding a contacts page to the site for anybody researching the Bowbrick line so that they can get in touch to discuss their trees.

Offline elizabeth147

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 17 May 10 11:05 BST (UK) »
Hi  Kristian, You already have access to my tree on genes, I am Hilda Jones but i have been using my middle name on this site , i hope you can get most of my info from there. I am pretty useless on the computer for some things but when my son is around i will get him to send some of my stuff across to you.Either that orwhen i meet up with Andy i intend to give him copies of anything i have so i am sure he will send it to you , Best regards Hilda
( Elizabeth 147)

Offline BRUCE123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 17 May 10 16:40 BST (UK) »
hi I have been reading your note's.  I think you may have a connection between the London  Bowbricks and the shere Bowbricks. a Sarah Bowbrick married a Thomas Bowbrick. I am looking into this! you are right the Charman are not Henry and Jane (Flisher)parents. Henry is my gg grandfarther on my wife side. I have some info: on this side but as its not my main line of research not a great deal, i am happy to help.
all the best
bruce123.
Ireland co don-  moville   Morrison
Scotland  Morrison
England  Bowbricks, Boubrick, bobbrick, Bobrick.  George 
wales. Evans- Jones

Offline andy28

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 01 June 10 23:28 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,
Welcome to Bruce, this family is getting larger all the time...I hope Bruce that you can shed some light on our Henry John Bowbrick's parents...!!
We seem to have hit a bit of a wall....or as Philip in an earlier posting...our Bowbrick wall.
If we can sort out our 'enry we can all move forward..!!
Regards
Andy28

Offline BRUCE123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 02 June 10 08:46 BST (UK) »
:)Hi Andy Thank you. I am new to this site.
Yes there are more “Bowbrick” out there. It’s good to hear from you. I am looking into Thomas and Sarah Bowbrick. I have to say the brick wall is still standing. This is what I have so far. Thomas and Sarah no info only possibilities. The other line is to try and prove the birth of Henry b: 1804 to the Sarah Charman in cranleigh. Also George and Mary Bowbrick had a son or grand son called Henry born about 1815 living in Shere. Surrey. I am at this time working on my main line “George’s” I will be back on the Bowbrick in another week or so all being well. All the best Bruce ;D
Scotland  Morrison
wales. Evans- Jones

Offline andy28

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 02 June 10 09:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Bruce,
How are you related to Henry John Bowbrick and Jane Flisher?
Regards
Andy28

Offline BRUCE123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 02 June 10 16:06 BST (UK) »

How are you related to Henry John Bowbrick and Jane Flisher
:)
 :)hi andy.   henry-jane 1815. son: henry 1838.m:mary ann sullivan.son:stephen joseph 1885.m: clara rebecca.son: fredrick1916 m: eirlys. dur: freda1941 my wife.  if you want more info i'll be happy to pas it over to you.  ;D How are you related? all the best bruce.
Scotland  Morrison
wales. Evans- Jones

Offline andy28

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Friday 04 June 10 23:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Bruce,
Henry John Bowbrick & Jane Flisher had a daughter, Sarah Edwards Bowbrick who married Thomas Joseph Wilson, they had a son Stephen Joseph Wilson who married Gertrude Page Scoones, they had a son called Cyril Thomas Bowbrick Wilson who was my paternal Grandfather.
Henry John Bowbrick would be my GGG Grandfather.
My grandfather's brother was called Arnold Edward Wilson so the two boys were given christian names taken from their grandmothers maiden name Sarah Edwards Bowbrick.
So this makes myself and your wife some kind of cousins..!!
Regards
Andy
Andy

Offline JamesSW1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Sunday 03 October 10 11:22 BST (UK) »
I just found this message string after a google search. I am related to the Bowbricks who lived in Southwark and originally came from the Guildford area. I have been trying to put together the story of the Bowbricks who served in the First World War. If any of you have any informaton you care to share I would be very grateful - I might also be able to fill in some blanks for you!