Author Topic: Obituaries?  (Read 892 times)

Offline chesters

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Obituaries?
« on: Sunday 22 January 06 09:29 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know where I could find obituaries for the area around Tattenhall, Broxton, Waverton, etc?

I tried looking in the Chester Chronicle, but I couldn't seem to find them in there.  Also, does anyone know what time period obituaries started being put in the paper?

Thanks,
Chesters. :)
Dodd (Carden, Cheshire), Hodkinson (Chorley near Wrenbury, Cheshire), Reeves (Tilstock, Shropshire), Wynne (Stretton, Cheshire)

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Obituaries?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 January 06 19:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello Chesters
in regard to finding Orbits in the newspapers on film,it depends if a member of the family put one in or not.The Same with births and marriage.So if you didn't find one it hadn't been given.The orbit column doesn't give any information except the death.You need to know the year and the month of a death really.Most library reference rooms have a weekly newspaper,  that came out on a Saturday, on film. Ours go back to 1889. The best thing to look for if you cant find an orbit. Is to see if there is an article,different from an orbit, .That gives lots of information. I was lucky myself only last week and found one for a rootchat member,the second one in a few weeks.
If funerals are large or the people well known in the area.There is a good chance of finding a article.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885