Author Topic: National Archives at Kew  (Read 3011 times)

Offline EmPers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
National Archives at Kew
« on: Sunday 19 September 04 16:37 BST (UK) »
I'm going to Kew, sometime this week or next, and I'm willing to do lookups for people who have fairly specific requests. The amount I can do will depend on how well I get on with my own research, and the length of time it takes for them to get documents.

Let me know if you have any thing you want looked up, and if I have enough time and information I will do my best, no promises though.
WEST, PROCTOR - Fillongley, Warwickshire
CLARK(E) - Aston, Warks & Leicestershire
BETTERIDGE & THORNTON - Oxfordshire
FISHER -  Bromsgrove, Worcs,
SLAUGHTER - Evesham, Worc s & Birmingham

Offline capricorn

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: National Archives at Kew
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 September 04 19:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Empers, What a wonderful gesture.  If you have any spare time could you please look up these two deaths.
Elizabeth McDougall  died March 1884 age 72, District Haltwhistle, Northumberland.  Vol. 10b page 189
Elizabeth McDougall died sept 1883 age 73, District Gateshead, Co. Durham.  Vol10a  page 410
Can't find any death for this woman in Scotland, but believe she was in England in 1880. ( according to a poor relief report by her daughter-in-law)  These two women fit her age group which I found on the free BMD.
Thanks for any help and time you can give.
Liz
Census information Crown Copyright, from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Fifer

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 September 04 18:57 BST (UK) »
Hiya

Could you lookup a Death for me

Sally Hatton Age 67   Died Woodchurch Wirral Cheshire 1853
William Fishwick Hatton Died 1867 age 0  Woodchurch Wiral Cheshire.

Hope you can help

Angela :)
From Scotland
Barclay,baxter,Cook,Cowie,Dryburgh,Hughes,Morris,Murray,Simpson,Westwater from Fife Scotland.

Hatton,Roscoe,Smith,Ellison,Hardy,Harding,Holmes,Randles, Fishwick from Wirral Cheshire,

Barnett,Hempsall,Humphrey,Ward,Wrench  from Lincolnshire

Hartshorne,Wilson,Brass,Dodds,Hunter from Durham

Offline charby

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 23 September 04 14:18 BST (UK) »
 :DWow this is really nice of you to offer your time to help others thank you, I was wondering if you could look up for me John Benjamin selby born the 21 september 1884 in nottingham,notts, I know he was in the boer war,1899-1902, he also I heard fought in india,on one of his medals it is written HINDOOSTAN LEICESTERSHIRE, another is ASQ  SGT, J.B.SELBY 21 LANCERS, and SOUTH AFRICA 1901-02 ORANGE FREE STATE.  the medals were SOUTH AFRICAN KING AND QUEENS AND THE IMPERIAL LONG SERVICE MEDAL. He came to live in Canada around 1911,not sure which boat or if he went to the states first then canada? He married Lucy selby (née darby) and had 3 children in england Doris selby, Mabel selby (but she was not his child) and John cyril selby. They came to canada also the following year around april,1912.

Thank you for anything else you can find.
barrow upon soar , leicestershire:   Darby
loughborough, leicestershire : selby
rempstone , nottingham, selby
nottingham: whitehead
watford, hertfordshire : hull
Derbyshire: Selby
kegworth leics, annable
melton mowbray:Darby

Offline EmPers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 23 September 04 16:07 BST (UK) »
Hi guys,

Capricorn and Fifer, sorry but the National Archives doesn't keep anything on Death registers. The only way you'd be able to look up those entries, would be to order the certificates. There is a slight possibility of course that the cause of death would mean they were in some other document, but without knowing it would be impossible to search.

Charby, sorry I went yesterday. I suggest you go to the national archive website, and do a search to find out which documents you think would mention him and give more information, then next time, I or someone makes an offer, you can ask them to do a specific look up for you.

Could someone close this thread, as my trip is complete?

WEST, PROCTOR - Fillongley, Warwickshire
CLARK(E) - Aston, Warks & Leicestershire
BETTERIDGE & THORNTON - Oxfordshire
FISHER -  Bromsgrove, Worcs,
SLAUGHTER - Evesham, Worc s & Birmingham

Offline capricorn

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 23 September 04 21:30 BST (UK) »
Thank you EmPers for letting me know.
One day I will find this Lady, I hope.