Author Topic: Looking for help, please!!!  (Read 856 times)

Offline mikeruss4

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for help, please!!!
« on: Monday 23 January 06 11:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I'm looking to find my Father, he's called William Russell, the only thing I know is heis from Ireland. I have no real family contact anymore with the English side, so looking to get back to my Irish roots, and finally feel wanted (hopefully). All I know/remember is my Father was in Heywood, he married Iris Taylor/whatever! I am Michael, born 1969, He's called William Russell, and was a labourer. Anyone that knowsof him, or if you are William, please get in contact, I have no problems/issues, it would just be nice to know you, and my roots! I'm very strongly attached to my Irish roots, andwould love to know you and my Family. Thank you

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for help, please!!!
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 25 January 06 18:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mike

A warm welcome to RootsChat!  ;)

I have taken the liberty of altering some of your personal details in the above post for security reasons.

The following sites might be worth having a look at though most will relate to earlier than you are looking.

The first link is the Irish Golden Pages Telephone Directory - you've no doubt tried that.

Golden Pages

The General Register Office of Ireland

The Public Record Office of Northern Ireland

Irish Roots

The National Library of Ireland

Irish Genealogy

Genealogical Society of Ireland

Irish Ancestors

National Archives of Ireland

Best wishes

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for help, please!!!
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 February 06 00:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mike,

I presume you mean Heywood in Co. Laois.

I wonder if you had any luck with the Irish Golden Pages Telephone Directory.
I thought it strange that Ticker suggested that Directory as it is for businesses only. I see it regularly in the library. You need to get a copy of the Eircom phone book covering the 04/05 area. I got this information by making a phone call about an hour ago to a friend in Co. Kildare. This site should assist you although I had a quick look and could not find W. Russell in Heywood. http://159.134.203.172/search.asp?source=Eircom

Do you mind my asking were you the first child in the family? If you were your dad was probably born in the mid forties (1944-5). What type of labourer? Was he an agricultural labourer in which case he might yet be in the same area. On the other hand if he was a builder's labourer, or one who helped build roads etc he may well have moved to England. 

All the Best, Chris