Author Topic: Looking for Consett book  (Read 862 times)

Offline Rose224

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for Consett book
« on: Tuesday 24 January 06 13:04 GMT (UK) »
Trying to find a book as follows:

Consett - A Town in the making; published 11 Sept 1992, written by T. Moore, ISBN 1897585012.  The book is apparently out of print.  I have searched new and used book stores and dealers and even tried to contact the author T Moore but the email I found on a website was obsolete.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a new or used copy?

Rose

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Consett book
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 24 January 06 16:56 GMT (UK) »
You could try contacting the publishers directly, just in case they can help:

http://www.durham.gov.uk/durhamcc/usp.nsf/pws/Council+and+Democracy+-+County+Durham+Books - to contact County Durham Books.
http://www.southgatepublishers.co.uk/
- printed in association with Southgate Publishers.

Otherwise, with old books it is a combination of luck and persistance. If you find a dealer or store (perhaps one in the area) that is willing to keep an eye out for you then that would help.  Or check if there's a local want-ads paper and put out an ad in that, in case somebody has a copy shoved into a bookcase somewhere that they haven't looked at in years.  Depends how much you want to get your hands on it!

I suspect, with books like this, that it would have been a limited print run so it makes it more difficult for you, not so many copies floating about.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline peterjd

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Consett book
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 January 07 20:41 GMT (UK) »
for books on consett try local library i know the have at least 3 locally printed books as i us to live there, library address Victoria rd consett or phone 01207- 503606 get the ibsn numbers they might able to give u a local suppier for the books or see can you lend the through your local library might take a few weeks. Pete
Dadicott, Dorricott. Watterson, Evans, Bracegirdle, Quinn, Mcloughlin, Whitehouse