Author Topic: Alfred Morgan  (Read 1865 times)

Offline dubie33

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Alfred Morgan
« on: Tuesday 24 January 06 13:45 GMT (UK) »
I am searching for information regarding Alfred Morgan. He was born in 1807 and died in Cheltenham in August 1840. No reason for death given on certificate. There is no record of coroner, probate, newspaper articles or burials.

His widow married Alfreds business partner (Blind maker) Edward Curtis 4 months later, in December 1840 and the family appear on the Cheltenham 1841 census.

Alfred's children were born in Clifton and Cheltenham between 1831-1840.
Daughter Elleanor was reported as saying her family came from the Tredegar Morgans.

I am searching for the marriage of Alfred Morgan to Jane Kelly.

I have her marriage certificate to Edward which states she father was Emmanuel Kelly.

Her place of birth on census was given as Usk, Monmouthshire.

Any help greatly appreciated!
Plumb, Reeks, Hayward, Light, Embray/Embry, Morgan, Puttock

Offline Miss Jane

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Alfred Morgan
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 March 06 00:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Eileen,

I think we may be related!  :D

I'm descended from Clarissa Kelly, who was born in Usk in 1801 to Emanuel and Clarissa (Clary) Kelly. The other children of Emanuel and Clarissa that I know of are Sophia (b 1796), William (b 1798) and Elizabeth (b 1807). I'm not sure where Elizabeth was born, but the others were all born in Usk. I'm happy to pass on other information I have about the Kellys if you're interested, and I'm also interested in anything you have about Jane Kelly and her husbands and children.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Jane. 8)
<b>England: </b>London/Mdx-Arnold, Allard, Davies; Lancashire-Fish, Latham, Driver, Denny; Yorkshire-Latham; Derbyshire-Swindell, Johnson; Devon-Taylor, Boyland, Cavanagh, Furze; Somerset- Forse, Tuttell; Surrey-Powell, Clarke; Cornwall-Knight
<b>Ireland: </b>Tipperary-Donnell, Keating; Down-Graham, Reid, Cleland; Carlow-Mahon, Redmond
<b>Germany: </b>Schlechtweg, Boerner
<b>Scotland: </b>Fife-Martin, Seath; Glasgow-Hart, Grant
<b>Wales: </b>Monmouth-Kelly

Offline dubie33

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Alfred Morgan
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 March 06 08:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jane

Oh I do hope we are connected. Alfred is my biggest brickwall.  Can you please email at this address and I will pass on the data I have.

Very best wishes

Eileen

Moderator Comment: e-mail address removed to prevent spam and other abuses.  Please use the personal message (PM) system to exchange contact details.
Plumb, Reeks, Hayward, Light, Embray/Embry, Morgan, Puttock