Author Topic: 1861 Brockdish, Norfolk  (Read 1658 times)

Offline bekahsgran

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
1861 Brockdish, Norfolk
« on: Wednesday 25 January 06 20:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I have been searching Ancestry.co.uk for a person thought to be in Brockdish, Norfolk on the 1861 census. Needless to say couldn't find her.
When I tried to search Brockdish via the county lists it seems that Brockdish isn't listed.
Does anyone know if ,and if so why, Brockdish isn't there? Was it lost or just not transcribed with the rest of 1861 Norfolk?
Would be grateful if anyone has any ideas
Anne
<br /><br />Websdale, Jillings, Lovett, Savage, Egmore, Seymour, Graves, Hustler, Stannard<br />in Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire<br />Condrit, Condrat, Condrut, Tyler, Hunter and Evans in NSW Australia

http://www.tilneyallsaintsonline.org.uk
Local History for TILNEY ALL SAINTS, Norfolk<br /><br />Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pigginnut

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 Brockdish, Norfolk
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 25 January 06 20:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi I have a copy of 1861 and Brockdish is mentioned who are you looking for and I will look

Teresa

Offline bekahsgran

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 25 January 06 20:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Its for anotherrootschatter.
The person is
HANNAH WELTON b abt 1821 most probably born in Suffolk, seems she was in Brockdish in 1851 and 1871 so should be there in 1861.
Would be really grateful, Thanks
Anne
<br /><br />Websdale, Jillings, Lovett, Savage, Egmore, Seymour, Graves, Hustler, Stannard<br />in Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire<br />Condrit, Condrat, Condrut, Tyler, Hunter and Evans in NSW Australia

Local History for TILNEY ALL SAINTS, Norfolk<br /><br />Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pigginnut

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 25 January 06 20:41 GMT (UK) »
they are not there - sorry

There is a 28 James Wilton and family but no one else with a name even similar

If you would like me to try elsewhere I am happy to look just throw some suggestions

Teresa

Offline bekahsgran

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 25 January 06 20:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Teresa
Thanks so much for looking for me.
Thanks for your offer of a further look up, but as its for another rootschatter, I think I'll pass on your name to her and let her contact you herself, as she will know more details, if thats okay?
Thanks again very grateful for your help
Anne

Offline Sisterjane

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Castle Hill Huddersfield...Im Here..Where are They
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 25 January 06 22:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Anne

I also tried doing this today and noticed that there is no Brockdish listed.
I know that on one of the cencuses its transcribed as Brookdish and I even tried that but to no avail

Joe
Kershaw, Longbottom,Parvin
Areas  Huddersfield, Brighouse, Rastrick ,Thirsk, Sand Hutton
Masters in London/Surrey
Cencus information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bekahsgran

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 25 January 06 22:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Maddening isn't it? Must be a missing district, but I checked the list of 'lost' pieces and it doesn't say that BROCKDISH is 'lost'.
Must have been overlooked!
Anne

Offline ricky1

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 25 January 06 23:04 GMT (UK) »
 ;)
Somebody else complained in another forum and there is quite a few missing from the 1861 census , but apparently you can buy it on a Cd , bit of a pain.
Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Harby,Garton,Drury,Duncombe,Booth,Catton,Barker, Kirkby, Wilson. Lincolnshire, <br />Also Murkin's, Jeffery,Pettitt,Carter, from Suffolk/Cambridgeshire boarder<br />Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pigginnut

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 26 January 06 08:14 GMT (UK) »
I am happy to look for anyone if they just send me a private message with the details

Teresa