Author Topic: Mills  (Read 1902 times)

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Mills
« Reply #9 on: Monday 06 February 06 06:57 GMT (UK) »
Steve

Do you have any idea (however small) where Sarah might have originally come from?  I wonder if her daughter Margaret Joyce was named after any other family members?

Just a thought - who registered the birth?

Any ideas? :D

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Steven Hancock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 07 February 06 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Jan my mother is seeing her sisters today and they are getting there heads together so hopefully they will be able to give me some good information.

Steve

Offline Steven Hancock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 08 February 06 10:04 GMT (UK) »
Right jan here goes. The Mills originally lived at Newmills in Newtown before moving to 13 Oakhurst road Oswestry.
Children:
Annie Mills
Gwen Mills
Sarah Jane Mills who died in childbirth my great Grandmother
Betty Mills
Tom Mills
Jack Mills
Tom and Jack were killed in WW1 and are on the war memorial in Oswestry.

Steve

Offline Steven Hancock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 11 March 06 12:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jan
Just thought i`d let you know my mother has spoken to her aunt in Shropshire and we have pieced together the Mills family tree.
We have got back to a Sarah Mills born 1789 in Trallwmgollen, Mongomaryshire who had a son George Mills b 1831 in Guilsfield, Montgomaryshire who had a son Henry Mills b 1858 and he is the father of Sarah Jane Mills who is my Great Grandmother.

Thank you for your help Steve.

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 13 March 06 10:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Steve

Sorry I haven't replied sooner but I didn't receive any email notifications about your last replies.  Very odd ???

Anyway, I'm so glad that you have been able to piece together the missing pieces of the jigsaw. 

If you need anything looking up on the census returns please do let me know.

Jan :)
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand