Author Topic: Pemberton's of Lancashire one name study  (Read 9127 times)

Offline GeneBug2006

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Pemberton's of Lancashire one name study
« on: Sunday 29 January 06 01:07 GMT (UK) »
I would like to get in touch with anyone who's researching the pemberton clan, I seem to have run into a dead end with this line, i will be willing to share what i presently have.
Hedley Durham/Northumberland

Heller - London

Martin - London

Young - Scotland/England

Freethy - Cornwall

Pannell - Sussex   

Pemberton - Lancashire  

Martindale - Lancashire/Westmorland/Cumberland

Offline daveturton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Pemberton's of Lancashire one name study
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 September 07 15:09 BST (UK) »
Hi
 am researching my Pemberton family connections. The tree, so far, goes back to the 1851 census,HO 107 / 2162 folio 344 p. 2428: Joseph Pemberton and family. They are living in Bowden Cheshire. By 1881 some of the family had moved to Bolton (RG11 /3833 folio 53 p.27)
The original Joseph pemberton gives his birthplace as Canterbury, Kent, but I have no more details on this.
Happy to share any info I have.
Regards
Dave Turton
London
Burrill
Morfey
Care
Wray
Curtis
Wilson
Steer
Turton
Mallard

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 September 07 20:00 BST (UK) »
I have Pembertons in my family going back to 1740 in Cheshire and their descendants to the present day.  In fact my g.gran was a Pemberton who went to live in Manchester. 

Thanks to other Pemberton descendants, I have lots of information on the family including Pembertons living in Bowdon, Cheshire, who are definitely related to the other Cheshire clan.  I do not know of any Pembertons from Canterbury.

The amount of info I have is very extensive and in fact I have 60 people named Pemberton on my tree already without all their descendants.  Many of the families had up to a dozen children each and many of those children also had large familes.  Many were male, so the name continued.

I have not researched all of them, but I did have a query from someone asking me about a Pemberton who built a Pemberton estate in Manchester.  Neither I, nor any of my Pemberton relations know anything about this man.

Liz

Offline nicolapemberton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 19 May 10 19:01 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am trying to trace the parents of a James Pemberton born in Manchester in the 1700's not sure when, I have come to a dead end with him. James was married to a woman named Elisabeth but her last name is unknown to me.

their son was called Francis Pemberton who was born in 1809 in Manchester but died in 1892 in Nottingham - this is where My Pemberton connection now are.  

If anyone can help me please email me (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 19 May 10 21:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Nicola

Welcome to Rootschat.  The first thing you need to do is change the @ in your e-mail address to [at] or you will get loads of spam.

There is a marriage (on Familysearch.org) of a James Pemberton to an Elizabeth Dickenson on 08 November 1801 at Manchester Cathedral.  It is an extracted record, which means it has been extracted from the Parish records, and is probably correct.  Unfortunately, marrying at Manchester Cathedral doesn't prove that either James or Elizabeth were born in Manchester.  People came from all over the area to get married there.  I have ancestors, who lived in Cheshire who were married there, as well as a couple from Liverpool.

There is a baptism of a Francis Pemberton, at Manchester Cathedral with parents James Pemberton and Elisabeth on 8 May 1808 not 1809 as you said.  Again it is an extracted record, so probably accurate, although I suppose the year could be wrong if someone couldn't read the parish records properly.

Unfortunately, there are too many options of births of James Pemberton and Elizabeth Dickenson to decide which, if any, are the correct ones.

Lizzie

Offline nicolapemberton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 29 May 10 05:57 BST (UK) »
Thanks Lizzie

Much appreciated...the information you have given me.

Offline redmile

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 31 October 10 00:04 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am looking for information on caroline elizabeth pemberton, maiden name cholmondeley. She was born around 1800. That is all I have to go on at present.

Offline Housemartin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 10 January 11 06:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I have a Barbara Pemberton in my line.  She was born in Marbury,  Cheshire in 1646, died 4 Aug, 1713.  She marry Hatton Hallmark on 14 Feb 1690.  Their children were John  - 1690 -1731,  Thomas, 1692 and Robert 1694.  I have gone down the line to a Thomas Halmarke 1575 - 1634.  Any relation???

Regards,

Jeanette
Nickson - Liverpool, Cheshire, Cretney - Liverpool, Isle of Man, Martin - Warwickshire, Oxlade - Buckinghamshire, Childe - Buckinghamshire, Phythian - Cheshire, Woodward  - Wales, Derbyshire, Cornwall, Jones - Wales, Farnworth - Lancashire, Peace - Orkney Islands Scotland, Duncan - Glasgow Scotland, Rankin - Middlesex  Esssex, Hallmark/Halfmarke - Cheshire,

Offline Rose123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 30 April 11 09:21 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am researching John and Elizabeth Pemberton Married Coventry 1787 - do you think this fits with your research?

Thanks
Rose