Author Topic: Mary Buchanan  (Read 1437 times)

Offline icini

• RootsChat Senior
  • Me
    • View Profile
Mary Buchanan
« on: Sunday 29 January 06 17:22 GMT (UK) »
Would anyone be able to look up the 1841 census for Glasgow and see if thre is a Mary Buchanan age 10, parents George and Elizabeth.  Mary married James Wallace July 12, 1851 in Glasgow and the following children were born in Glasgow- Mary 1853 and James 1854.  The family then moved to Bo'ness where the rest of the children were born- Alexander, John and second son John(  both died in infancy), Agnes,  and William ( also died in infancy)  Thank you .Donna. 
Lanarkshire: Dow, Dickson, Duncan, Buchanan,  Maclachlan, Wallace, Mitchel, Freckleton, Dollar, Whitten(on),Liverance, Murray, Gibson, Scoular, Telfer, Fisher,Slimman
Bo'ness: Henderson, Wallace, Foot(e)
Irvine: Petrie, Millar, Jaffrey, Allen,Boyd,
Edinburgh: Huldberg, Smith, Main, primrose
Roxburgh: Main, Smith, Sutherland
Wales: Islay, Wilkes, Morris, Ponter
England: Murray ( Windsor), Ponter ( Bath),
Ireland: Whitten, Irvine, Miller, McWilliams,Tremble,Greenaway, Stevenson,Wilson

Offline RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Buchanan
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 29 January 06 23:00 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, I can find no trace of these people in the 1841 index for Glasgow City or for Barony.

Offline icini

• RootsChat Senior
  • Me
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Buchanan
« Reply #2 on: Monday 30 January 06 01:03 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your efforts. I guess I'll have to assume that the records that have that information must be wrong. that happens a lot. I once noted that my ancestors mother was deceased when the daughter got married and was resurrected for another child's marriage. Even thought their records say Glasgow, I will try a wider search.  Thanks again.   Donna
Lanarkshire: Dow, Dickson, Duncan, Buchanan,  Maclachlan, Wallace, Mitchel, Freckleton, Dollar, Whitten(on),Liverance, Murray, Gibson, Scoular, Telfer, Fisher,Slimman
Bo'ness: Henderson, Wallace, Foot(e)
Irvine: Petrie, Millar, Jaffrey, Allen,Boyd,
Edinburgh: Huldberg, Smith, Main, primrose
Roxburgh: Main, Smith, Sutherland
Wales: Islay, Wilkes, Morris, Ponter
England: Murray ( Windsor), Ponter ( Bath),
Ireland: Whitten, Irvine, Miller, McWilliams,Tremble,Greenaway, Stevenson,Wilson