Author Topic: 1841 census Leeds (Hayes) look up PLEASE COMPLETED  (Read 1554 times)

Offline CJ

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1841 census Leeds (Hayes) look up PLEASE COMPLETED
« on: Monday 30 January 06 17:08 GMT (UK) »
Looking for Theophilus Hayes bc1825 ?Leeds or Ireland (once  listed as Birmingham) in most cases he is listed as born Leeds.

He married in 1848 at St Marks church, Woodhouse, Leeds.  Address on certificate Cankerwell Lane.  He married Elizabeth Heaton (daughter of William Heaton-a tailor). They had a son Joseph Milsom (Milson) Hayes (June quarter) 1849.  On they 1851 they lived at Dewsbury Road, Hunslet.  In 1861 they lived in Preston, Lancashire.  In 1866 Elizabeth died (March quarter) in the district of Kirkstall and was buried in Armley Church cemetry.  In 1868 Theophilus married Mary Ann Naylor (I think she was also from Leeds).  On the 1871 they are listed as living in Keighley, William Naylor is also listed with them,  I think that he is Mary's brother.  They stayed as far as we can tell in Keighley until they died.  In the mid 1880s.

The family story is that either he or his parents were pregnant out of wedlock and the parish priest in Ireland refused to marry them as they were sinners!  So they came to England, married, "fell out with Catholisism" and stayed! 

Trying to find where in Ireland the family came from with no luck at all!!!!

Any help would be really appreciated
Aaron, Bailey, Beckett, Blanchard, Bradley, Bromham, Brook, Butler, Carter, Clarkson, Cox, Crowther, Dewhirst, Dixon, Emmott, Fell, Field, Galleymore, Goddard, Harrison, Hayes, Hensby, Hillas, Hodgson, Hollings, Hutchinson, Jolly, Knowles, Lightowler, Mandeville, Marshall, Mitchell, Moulds, Murgatroyd, Oldfield, Panter, Parrott, Platt, Rawlings/Rawlins (and other spellings!), Richardson, Scott, Smith, Steele, Taylor, Tee, Thompson, Thornton, Thorp, Waterhouse, Watson, Wing, Woodend

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census Leeds (Hayes) look up PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 30 April 06 20:19 BST (UK) »
Hi CJ

Sorry we haven't been able to help you so far on this one. 

Are you still looking for this information?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes 

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CJ

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 30 April 06 23:24 BST (UK) »
I have just got back online after my cable snapped! :o  I have access to ancestry and they have hte 1841 census so I should be able to find it myself now.  Many thanks

CJ
Aaron, Bailey, Beckett, Blanchard, Bradley, Bromham, Brook, Butler, Carter, Clarkson, Cox, Crowther, Dewhirst, Dixon, Emmott, Fell, Field, Galleymore, Goddard, Harrison, Hayes, Hensby, Hillas, Hodgson, Hollings, Hutchinson, Jolly, Knowles, Lightowler, Mandeville, Marshall, Mitchell, Moulds, Murgatroyd, Oldfield, Panter, Parrott, Platt, Rawlings/Rawlins (and other spellings!), Richardson, Scott, Smith, Steele, Taylor, Tee, Thompson, Thornton, Thorp, Waterhouse, Watson, Wing, Woodend

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 May 06 10:39 BST (UK) »
Hi CJ

If you let me know if and when you have I will move the post to complete.

Thanks

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CJ

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census Leeds (Hayes) look up PLEASE COMPLETED
« Reply #4 on: Monday 01 May 06 20:26 BST (UK) »
I have just found it.  Under the surname Henry!  But I am fairly sure that it is him, unfortunately he is not with his parents (aged 15) so that is another dead end!

Many thanks

CJ