Author Topic: Michael and Emily Doyle ( nee Hurley )  (Read 2640 times)

Offline thindle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Michael and Emily Doyle ( nee Hurley )
« on: Monday 30 January 06 23:52 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know of this Doyle family? Michael and Emily Landed in Liverpool in the 1840s from Ireland . Patrick was born in 1848 in Liverpool. The family then moved to Longton Stafford where Michael George was born in 1850. In 1861 the family were living in Nantwich Cheshire  Since then I cannot find Patrick or Emily. Michael and Michael George were in Barrowford Lancashire at a Lodging House in 1871.. Father,, Michael died in 1887 in Birkenhead. Son,, Michael George Known as George was on the 1881 census with his wife and family in Haslingden Lancashire. Can anyone please help.Thanks
Tess

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Michael and Emily Doyle ( nee Hurley )
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 February 06 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Tess
I have been trying to find anything on Patrick Doyle,was he definitely born in the pool? I have just come off Ancestry. typed in the name,year and place of Birth (Lancashire).It came up with 100 Patrick Doyle's taken from the 1861/71/81/91/census.
95% were born in Ireland but living in L.Pool at the time of the census.So i think you will have to have a look yourself.You cant on this page see the whole census page unless you pay. If you see a patrick that might be yours you can then request that census. If the last time you saw patrick was in 1861 in Cheshire.type in Cheshie instead of Lancashire.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline thindle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 February 06 23:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Celia, nice to hear from you on another topic. I was just going to email you regarding the Barons. I have been looking at the 1841 Census for Accrington and the only Baron is Peter Baron aged abt 11 could be older because they lower the ages by 5yrs. Couldn't see any parents so I don't know who he belonged to..I will check Gt Harwood tomorrow, it's getting late now and my eyes are crossing.My eyes are'nt too good anyway.
My Patrick was last seenon the 1861 census in Cheshire but by the time the 1871 census was around he would have been married.
I did find a birth at West Derby for 1848 Patrick J Doyle. not sure if it's him though. Thanks anyway Tess

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 09 February 06 17:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tess
Thanks for doing that for me,havent time to have a good look at the Baron file yet.I am on a roll with my greatorex side :D. I am going to the library tomorrow is there anything you would like me to look up (while there)in the Cheshire and chester diretories which for some reason.Also covers liverpool but not all books do.Never been able to phathom why .Because L.Pool was part of Lanashire.
If you have anyone give  me the <year> name and occupation if possible (that is all i need) Because there are lots of Doyle's and patricks.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline thindle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 09 February 06 23:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Celia, The only Doyles I have are Michael and Emily Doyle,            ( Nailmaker ) sons Patrick J Doyle born 1848 Liverpool and Michael George Doyle Born Longton Staffordshire 1850. I know they Lived in Nantwich in 1`861 Michael Doyle was in The Little Sisters home for the poor and aged in Birkenhead in 1881 as a widower patient. I dont know when Emily his wife died and I don't know anything more about Patrick J. Michael George was my great grandad so I know about him. I don't know where in Ireland Michael and Emily came from.                  If you go to this site, great harwood genealogy resources.documents  You will find the 1841 1851 and so on census' for Great Harwood maybe you will find your Barons on those. Tess

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 09 February 06 23:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi
so you dont need a look up

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline thindle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 10 February 06 15:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Celia. If you can find out a death for Emily Doyle born Ireland about 1823 or there-a-bouts and the death must have been between 1861 after the census in Nantwich. On the 1871 it says Michael her husband is a widower If you can look that up for me I would be grateful. Did you check the Gt Harwood site? Tess

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 11 February 06 10:41 GMT (UK) »
Tess
The historical directories (as they are called on the net) are really postal ones.They only give a persons name, The house holder,and occupation. if they lived ,say,chester,L,Pool,B.Head and the surrounding area's.
They are phone books without a number.I cant do lookups for Ireland,you will have to visit the Ireland board for that.Or  try Familysearch.org  that i mentioned before. Yes i looked on the site it,s very good.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline thindle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 11 February 06 10:56 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Celia, I will check the Family Search and the Ireland board.
thanks again for your help Tess