Author Topic: Help with Real Family  (Read 2448 times)

Offline licenz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help with Real Family
« on: Wednesday 01 February 06 08:50 GMT (UK) »
Greetings everyone  fom new Zealand.

Am new at this, Wondering if one of you folk could assist me with some help thanks . I am wanting to find some details reguarding my great grandfather who was born in Limerick 1864 .  Name   ..  Philip Real . He emigrated to NZ on the Zealandia in 1879 with his mother and sister . I have some details and am wanting to find out more details about his mother , father and family . The details I have .. Mother  Johanna Real .. Ne Frawley .. Born Limerick  .. Father  Micheal Real ..  No details other than born in Limerick ,  Sister Mary .. Born Limerick 1857 , brother John born limerick 1856 . I am wanting to find more details on the mother and father . Mothers Bd  and parents  . Fathers  Bd and d etc .  Summary  Bd of a Johanna Frawley , Bd and d  of Micheal Real , and any details .

Where would I start and would anyone  on the forum have any further details on the real family in limerick at the time .. If anyone could assist me , I would be most grateful. Sorry ,This is all the info to go on that I have . So any asistance anyone could offer me would be appreciated .

thanks ..
Researching surname  Real .. Irish .. Limerick .. and Australian connections ..

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Real Family
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 February 06 10:59 GMT (UK) »
Greetings from Northern Ireland,

There were several families with the surname Real in Co. Limerick in 1853 at the time of Griffiths Valuation of Ireland in the County. http://www.failteromhat.com/griffiths.php
There were families with the surnames Frawley and Real living in the same Parish in both Limerick City and the county of Limerick during the time of the Valuation 1848-64. http://scripts.ireland.com/ancestor/surname/index.cfm

All the Best, Christopher

Offline licenz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Real Family
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 February 06 11:51 GMT (UK) »
Thanks kindly Christopher

Much appreciated . Excellent info for me to check .

Thanks ..

Researching surname  Real .. Irish .. Limerick .. and Australian connections ..