Author Topic: NEW AND STUCK!! Armley Church Burials, COMPLETED MANY THANKS  (Read 3890 times)

Offline CJ

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: NEW AND STUCK!! Armley Church Burials, Where do I go from here?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 02 February 06 22:41 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for both of your help.  I have been looking at St Bartholomew's church on the Leeds indexers website.  At the bottom of its page their is a link.  It took a couple of attempts to get the link to work but I finally got through.  There is a link for inquiries, a history of the graveyard and all sorts of info.  I have sent them an email, as they have transcribed some of the data from the Archaeological societies records onto computer!!!  So who knows with a bit of luck and all my fingers crossed they may have records of Elizabeth being buried there.  With even more luck they'll have records of her in-laws being there as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have also been looking at our old A-Z of Leeds it is that old that it cost 95p and mentions Armley Road link prop. completion 1978!!  The number of crosses for churches just in Armley is unbelievable!!!  I have also found the New Wortley Cemetery in it as well.  It looks like a trip to Leeds is in order!
Aaron, Bailey, Beckett, Blanchard, Bradley, Bromham, Brook, Butler, Carter, Clarkson, Cox, Crowther, Dewhirst, Dixon, Emmott, Fell, Field, Galleymore, Goddard, Harrison, Hayes, Hensby, Hillas, Hodgson, Hollings, Hutchinson, Jolly, Knowles, Lightowler, Mandeville, Marshall, Mitchell, Moulds, Murgatroyd, Oldfield, Panter, Parrott, Platt, Rawlings/Rawlins (and other spellings!), Richardson, Scott, Smith, Steele, Taylor, Tee, Thompson, Thornton, Thorp, Waterhouse, Watson, Wing, Woodend

Offline yorkshirelassy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: NEW AND STUCK!! Armley Church Burials, COMPLETED MANY THANKS
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 02 December 23 11:57 GMT (UK) »
hi ,not sure if your still stuck on Elizabeth but somehow this page came up and i saw your dilemma.
Elizabeth is buried at Armley st Bartholemews ,its on the yorkshire burials site.she is on her own.No grave number.(Its a great site for burials in west yorks.