Author Topic: Daguerreotype 'photo  (Read 9741 times)

Offline pammyw

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Daguerreotype 'photo
« Reply #27 on: Friday 03 February 06 14:13 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks to all who replied especially Prue M, I clicked on your link, it is so interesting and Newbie for the cost and equivalent in todays terms.
It's strange to think I have a 'photo of my gt gt grandparents wedding in 1856 and yet my own mum & dad's from 1925 didn't come out!
And yes Romilly, thank goodness it's not Jones!
Pam
Mackenzie, Smith, Oxley all Northumberland. Masters Glos. Wilkins Berks. Vowles Bristol. Griffiths Forest of Dean.

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Daguerreotype 'photo
« Reply #28 on: Friday 03 February 06 15:27 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks to all who replied especially Prue M, I clicked on your link, it is so interesting and Newbie for the cost and equivalent in todays terms.
It's strange to think I have a 'photo of my gt gt grandparents wedding in 1856 and yet my own mum & dad's from 1925 didn't come out!
And yes Romilly, thank goodness it's not Jones!
Pam

Hello Again,

I'll add my thanks for all that info to Pam's thanks too, (above).

By a funny coincidence Pam, I don't have any photos of my parents marriage either, (they married in 1946). In fact, I don't have a single photo of them together, but my father died in 1957, - before photography became a "mass" hobby I suppose. But I feel very lucky to have that one of my G/Grandparents, - on what was obviously a big day for them!

All Best Wishes, Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.