Author Topic: Ticehurst Family..  (Read 1592 times)

Offline jard

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Ticehurst Family..
« on: Friday 03 February 06 18:44 GMT (UK) »
Loking for the parents of;-

James Ticehurst b 1779 .Later wed Mercy Stretton.

Richard Ticehurst b1786. Later wed Mary Verrall.

Samuel Ticehurst b1786. Died in 1787.

Barbara Ticehurst b 1781 .

I think all were born in Eastbourne.

The LDS site lists their parents as James Ticehurst b1753 and Abigail Pierce b 1753. However, no such record exists of the births, nor of any marriage between the two, so it seems unlikely that they were the true parents

The births of James ,Richard, Samuel and Barbara, must be recorded somewhere.
Dobbins / Cullen / Walsh / Kenny    (Ireland...Dublin)
Ticehurst / Elliott / Reed / Potter / Baulcom / Verrall    ( Sussex)
Spackman / Lighten / Leighton     ( Essex)
Martin / Jukes      ( Kent....Maidstone....Farleigh)

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ticehurst Family..
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 February 06 20:18 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried to make contact with the LDS member who put the information on the IGI site?    I think it is possible - though complicated.  If you double click on the batch number at the bottom and then put in a search for Ticehurst it show all references on that film.  One of them is a child for James and Mercy Stretton so it does sound is if the LDS member was doing your family in some way.     I am assuming that you have looked at the St Mary's Eastbourne register and they are not there.   There is a flourishing Ticehurst family in Willingdon which is very close to Eastbourne so that might be worth pursuing.   I looked on the British Vital Records Index and there is a Samuel, son of Henry and Elizabeth baptised 12 Aug 1787 in Willingdon.   Where did you find his death.  Was that on the IGI too?
Have you looked for wills?  Parish chest records?
Andrea