Author Topic: Can't get into RootsChatterBox  (Read 6031 times)

Offline mongoose2

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Can't get into RootsChatterBox
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 20 November 07 18:57 GMT (UK) »
AS I understand it only moderators can ban from the chatterbox and then only when someone has been disruptive or abusive on channel. If you believe you have been neither then you should take this up with the moderator that banned you.
As to remarks that "oh okay, if i can't figure out how, it doesn't matter, i mean it's totally the members loss, not mine, they will soon find out they made a huge mistake" I find that sort of comment quite arrogant however I expect you didnt mean it the way it came out and what is their HUGE (my caps) mistake?

and how you "No i kind of missed the message" I find very strange as the first time you log into rootschat you are told you have a personal message and it remains there until you delete it.
James, Farr in Cornwall and all the others on my website

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 20 November 07 19:00 GMT (UK) »
I think we have established that if Twiglets has been banned it will have been the action of a Moderator or Admin - we don't do it for fun, so we will leave it to Trystan to work out what happened.

I am locking this thread to prevent further speculation

;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 20 November 07 23:29 GMT (UK) »
We had a number of reported complaints about Twiglets, and removed their use of the RootsChatterBox as a result.

On the information that we had at the time, it was felt that the user did not belong in  the RootsChatterBox. The use of the main RootsChat.com site was not however withdrawn.

Perhaps it was a misunderstanding, but we treat each report on an individual case, but on occasion we have been known to make mistakes.

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.