Author Topic: Any idea of this Hertfordshire birthplace?  (Read 9837 times)

Offline ElvisMole

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Any idea of this Hertfordshire birthplace?
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 24 July 10 09:18 BST (UK) »
Mornin !

I was just about to agree with "youngtug" when I found this family in Thriplow. Thriplow is VERY close to Duxford. In fact if you come out of the aerodrome turning left it is almost immediately on your right.

1841 HO107 74 13
Thomas Haydon 41
Mary 40
Wm 15
Fredk 10
John 9
Ann 5
Charlotte 4
Thomas 2

It's now in Herts but then in Cambridgeshire.
The area has a lot of Hayden/Haydon families

I like the idea of Boxmoor coz it is "cleaner", well and truly in Herts. But I couldn't find any Hayd*n.

Ray

Offline Benzol

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Any idea of this Hertfordshire birthplace?
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 24 July 10 13:36 BST (UK) »
 Hello casalguidi,

It was just a shot in the dark.

I've looked at the HALS marriage index 1810-1830. If the family came from Herts then only two fit with father's name as William. William  of Langley Essex married a Charlotte Seabrook at Furneux Pelham 23.11.1819. There are 3 children recorded on IGI
William bapt Appleford Berks 30.8.1829
Sarah bapt Appleford Berks 29.1.1832
Emma Eliza Meesden Herts 28.3.1834
There may have been more unrecorded children. It's possible that this family appears in the various censuses 1841/51/61.

The second family is William married to Sarah Evans at Barkway 16.3.1828. The village is North-east Herts very close to Duxford et al. Also th the Essex village of Heydon where it's possbile that the family originated. Couldn't find any children. Again the 1841 census may help.

Two provisos
1. The HALS "Allun Index" is only good to 1812. There may be more William H*yd*n marriages not identified by the index.
2. Of the two marriages found the top marriage looks most likely. The Herts reference in the census may be where the guy lived rather than was Born/Baptised

Hope this helps in some way

Benzol
Herts Barnes/Baines Bottom(s) Dawson Odell (Pirton, Sandon)
Somerset Bull Churchill Ferguson Palmer (Crewkerne, Misterton)
Scotland McNaughton Douglas Archer Robertson (Perth)