Author Topic: 1881/1891 census Charles M. CHILD b. Hants  (Read 5161 times)

Offline cheryle.f

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Good job they all stayed in one place!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 1881/1891 census Charles M. CHILD b. Hants
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 07 February 06 22:09 GMT (UK) »
 ;D Yeah I know....strange isnt when other people are poking around in your past.....especially when it's of no relevence to them at all....the problem was  i started so i just had to finish, you know how it is. I thought it was about half nine then looked up and saw it was gone midnight. It was interesting following though, the connection between the Edwards family and the Childs over such along period of time.
       When i couldnt find Charles come hell or high water after the 71 i should have gone straight back to the start and checked for a death first....instead of going the other way and trying to find what could be his children. Anyway Tricia saved the day ;D again, and I turned off my computer ...very happy that i had"nt sent you off on a wild goose chase!

I will keep a look out for Mary Ann for you though on my  travels.

best wishes cheryle
mussellwhite, musselwhite,curtis, grey or gray,bundy,moody, lawrence  and now Webb   in wiltshire,hampshire and dorset.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline cheryle.f

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Good job they all stayed in one place!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 07 February 06 22:26 GMT (UK) »
Had a quick scout around for Mary and found this one....not sure if shes yours but i will post anyway.

Andover...Mary Fielder Child ...Death Sept 1852 2c115 but this cant be Wife Mary as he was already a Widow in the 51?

Couldnt find Mary Ann Child in the 61 or 71.

best wishes cheryle
mussellwhite, musselwhite,curtis, grey or gray,bundy,moody, lawrence  and now Webb   in wiltshire,hampshire and dorset.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline AnnmarieB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 08 February 06 08:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Cheryle,
                       Mary Fielder Child sounds like a definate possibily!  I went walk about on the web last night and found that Hurstbourne Tarrant  seems to have been their home for centuries. There are two 13th century strained glass windows in St Peter's church , Hurstbourne Tarrant dedicated to the memory of William and Sarah CHILD and another for Robert and Sarah Ann CHILD. Also a pew about 1500 for the CHILD family.
Trying to turn up family for Thomas CHILD (abt 1807) now. There is an Thomas (abt 1832) & Edwin (abt 1843) and then 4 siblings who ran a farm and are all unmarried. I wonder if they are actually 6 brothers and sisters and all Nephews and nieces of Thomas Child 1807? 
I think a should have been a private-eye I would have enjoyed that! ;)

Annmarie in Holland
Austridge/Astridge -  Hampshire
Burton - Leeds
Arkless - Durham
Dampier-Child - Hampshire
Child - Hurstbourne Tarrant, Hampshire
Fielder - Newbury, Berks
Rhodes - Yorkshire
Eskdale - Co Durham
Blackburn - Leeds

Offline AnnmarieB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 08 February 06 08:19 GMT (UK) »
Forgot to tell you I have a copy of Thomas CHILD and Mary FIELDER s marriage cert. Mary's father was a John FIELDER and the witnesses were Clara, Grove & George FIELDER.
I know they are not your lot but I thought I'd post that in case at some future time some distant rellie is looking for it!
Austridge/Astridge -  Hampshire
Burton - Leeds
Arkless - Durham
Dampier-Child - Hampshire
Child - Hurstbourne Tarrant, Hampshire
Fielder - Newbury, Berks
Rhodes - Yorkshire
Eskdale - Co Durham
Blackburn - Leeds

Offline genuisscuffy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 09 January 09 16:49 GMT (UK) »
Hello, George Fielder with his sister Clara is my GGrandfather!
Fielder (Portsmouth,Hants/Pembroke Dock, Wales)
Montague (Southsea, Hants)
Force (Portchester, Hants)

Offline RayJ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 06 March 09 16:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi.
In the photo album I possess regarding Dampier Child there is a cdv photo of a Miss Fielder next to a CDV of Rev Thomas Child of Upper Clatford.
I could not see the connection but it would now seem that this Miss Fielder was Elizabeth who lived with the family after Mary’s death.

Offline Rod Blackshaw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 31 December 18 17:12 GMT (UK) »
I am a bit late picking up on this topic. I am descended from John Fielder (father of George, Grove, Elizabeth etc.) His daughter Sarah married William Child who was the uncle of Charles M Child. If anyone is interested I have a portrait of John Fielder (d. 1845) and a CDV of Charles M Child.