Author Topic: PIERCY/ LAMB/GUBBINS/D'AUBENY/WIDENHAM /ESKILDSON /TAVERNOR /CONEYS /LINDSAY  (Read 5336 times)

Offline Blanc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
In search of the Piercy family from Limerick/Clare and in particular, any information on my gggrandfather Henry Piercy born Kilrush, 1820.

Above names culled from Rosemary ffolliott's Irish Newspapers site all of whom have connections with people named Piercy.

I know its a long shot but....................!

blanc
Adams, Bellew, Cox, Filce, Hauxwell, Piercy, Whitehead, White,

Offline Shaztoni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: PIERCY/ LAMB/GUBBINS/D'AUBENY/WIDENHAM /ESKILDSON /TAVERNOR /CONEYS /LINDSAY
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 February 06 10:52 GMT (UK) »
Are you sure they were in Limerick, Kilrush is quite a distance away. It is marked by the orange flag on the map below. Have you trying putting this request on the Clare board.

Sharon
This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Blanc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: PIERCY/ LAMB/GUBBINS/D'AUBENY/WIDENHAM /ESKILDSON /TAVERNOR /CONEYS /LINDSAY
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 25 February 06 16:50 GMT (UK) »
Not yet but I will.
Thankyou
Blanc

Offline Dick Hayhurst

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 30 March 06 08:54 BST (UK) »
Hello there, my gr gr gr grandparents were George (jorgen) Eskildson and Henrietta Waller Taverner who married in Dublin 1781... Henrietta's father was Samuel Taverner (a sheriff of Limerick) and George was the Danish Consul in Dublin from 1791-1807. I hope this is of some help to you ..... Dick Hayhurst (Australia)

Offline Blanc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 30 March 06 09:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Dick

and thanks for your reply.
Do you have a note of Samuel Taverner's other children please?

blanc

Offline Dick Hayhurst

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 31 March 06 03:47 BST (UK) »
First of all a correction, Henrietta's father was `John' Samuel Taverner (apologies) .... one of Henrietta's sisters was Elizabeth End Taverner (who married William Piercy 1799)
   Then ... John Samuel Piercy = 1799 Sarah Hemsworth
                        William Piercy  = 1826 Jane Westrop 
                          Mary Piercy = 1855 Robert Foster Crichton
       Charles Piercy Crichton = 1897 Jessie Harriet Saggers
   Norman Ronald Crichton = 1928 Barbara Edna Thomson
      Barbara Joan Crichton = 1952 Thomas William Jones
Craig Robert Jones = 1987 Joy Maree Moore (Queensland)

Mary Piercy and Robert Foster Crichton came to Australia at the time of their marriage (1855) .... the farthest back I have is ... William End = 1659 Anne --------- ?
                                Regards, Dick

Offline Blanc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 13 April 06 09:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Dick
and thanks once again for the input.
It is possible, subject to more investigation, that my Henry Piercy is perhaps a brother or nephew of William Piercy who married Jane Westropp.
I wonder if you have anything on this man and his family that would support this?

Cheers blanc

Offline Dick Hayhurst

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 19 April 06 06:02 BST (UK) »
Hello again, I'm sorry but I know nothing more of this line, as a matter of interest Elizabeth End Taverner died 31 August, 1822 in Toulouse France after two more marriages.......... if you come across anything pertinent to this lady or her ancestors I'd be obliged, best regards Dick. Email address removed to stop spam