Author Topic: How to repair an old photograph?  (Read 28428 times)

Offline Zeb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: How to repair an old photograph?
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 09 October 04 22:19 BST (UK) »
When replying there's a line below where I'm typing this now that reads "Additional Options..." with a black arrow.  Click on it to reveal some stuff.

The two "Browse..." buttons allow you to add two files at a time as attachments to your message.  If you're doing this already then the only reason I can think of that they're not showing is because maybe they're too big?  There's a limit of 300KB and there's also a list of file types that are permitted.
Derby: WOODCOCK (Donnington)
Devon: HARRIS (Plymouth)
Lancashire: DERRICK
Lincolnshire: CROPPER, WOODCOCK (Boston)
London: BARKER, DUGGIN, HARRIS, HINTON, HULBERT, WHITE
Wales: HARRIS, PRITCHARD (Pembrokeshire)
Warwickshire: DERRICK, WOODCOCK
Desperate for my Woodcocks from Birmingham!

Offline newbie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Saturday 09 October 04 22:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Zeb,
Yes I was doing all of that, and the image size was reduced for file size, it just kept saying the upload file was full and to refer to a moderator! It can't just be me because Fitty was getting the same message and she is whizz at the techy stuff, you should see what she's done to the photograph since I sent her the higher resolution scan, - amazing.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Saturday 09 October 04 22:24 BST (UK) »
Zeb,  The web Cache is full and untill Trystan gets back we can't post pics till he clears it.

He's busy moving house, so we've got to be a little patient.   He's probably lost in bubble wrap or somthing  lol
---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe

Offline Zeb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 10 October 04 13:05 BST (UK) »
I've PM'd you my email - send me a copy, I'll upload it onto my web space and provide a link to click on.

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 10 October 04 17:08 BST (UK) »
Thats very good of you Zeb,  I have my own webspace but don't really want to post the pic untill i have Newbies permission to do so.

Thanks anyway

Fitty
---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe

Offline Zeb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 10 October 04 17:21 BST (UK) »
np;)

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Friday 15 October 04 02:03 BST (UK) »
The upload file size issue has now been addressed.  You should have no problem putting pictures on now.

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Friday 15 October 04 09:32 BST (UK) »
Newbie posted the pic below to see if someone could do anything with it.  i tried but it wasn't very good so she emailed me one the was a higher resolution.

this is the result

Offline newbie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Friday 15 October 04 16:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Fitty,
Thanx for posting the photo.
Doesn't it look good! I'm so pleased with it, thank you very much,
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk