Author Topic: Prayers for Su  (Read 16346 times)

Offline RuthieB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Prayers for Su
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 12 February 06 18:04 GMT (UK) »
Laughter is the best medicine is it not?

With much love to all who have to cope,
RuthieBxxx
Jones, Mantle; Radnorshire
Russell, Stonehouse, Agar; Yorkshire/Durham
Brown, Fair; Durham,  
Little, Cumberland
Morris, Woolley, Owens; Montgomeryshire.

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 12 February 06 18:18 GMT (UK) »
Six months ago at the age of 87 mum was diagnosed with a cancerous lump in her breast.  The doc's first thought was surgery, which I asked if they were sure it was the right thing to do at her age, could they not investigate other treatment as I felt it would be very traumatic at her age, not that it isn't at any other age either but you know what I mean.  They almost persuaded us that it was the best way except that they couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't return in some different place.

We stuck to our guns and insisted on a biopsy first to see whether any other treatment might be an option and we would make the decision after the result came through.

I'm so glad we did as the result of the biopsy showed that they believed it could be treatable with medication and we could always go the surgical route later if necessary. 

Six months later the doctors are pleased with the improvements being brought about by the medication.

I feel for you all with such worries and my heart goes out to everyone going through it and their families living with it.

Mary
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline Su

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Every time an Angel smiles a flower grows
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 12 February 06 18:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tanja
You're a wonderful example to us all.  I'm sending you a huge hug, and asking Archangel Raphael to surround you in his healing light (so if anyone says you have gone green, you'll know what it is  :D).

He's a very busy Angel at the moment, but he can be in more than one place at a time.

Cancer is the one illness we all fear at sometimes in our lives, and when we hear of someone dear having it, it comes as a blow.

Now the initial shock is over, my sister has picked herself up, dusted herself off and is carrying on as normally as she can.

We do have a laugh over the phone, and luckily can talk openly about it.  We are very close, and if I could have squeezed onto the scan table next to her, I would have done, though I'm bigger than her, and would probably have shoved her off onto the floor  :D

Some of her friends wont phone her, as they are obviously worried about what to say to her, so I told her to ring them and break the ice.  Speaking about it openly, helps come to terms with it, and we can all help each other deal with it, and beat it.

So we (all your friends) are here for you Tanja, for Sue's Mum, my Sister and everyone else suffering with this, and any other illness.

From a little Friendship Book ...

Friendship has a special meaning
when you have someone with whom
to share tears, and laughter, fears and dreams
and silence when the time for words is past.
                ~~~~~~~~~

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow;
don't walk behind me, I may not lead;
walk beside me, and just be my friend.
                ~~~Albert  Camus~~~

Yes, RuthieB, laughter is the best medicine

Love to all
Su xxxxx

Barnett Altrincham/Manchester
Bates Hindley Lancs
Bowyer Altrincham Cheshire
Cunliffe Hindley
Hollingworth Hale Barnes/Mobberley Ches
Jones Salford/Altrincham
Ramsdale Hindley Lancs
Timperley Warburton/Dunham Massey
Yarwood Great Budworth,Lymm,Dumham Massey

All Census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright

Offline Su

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Every time an Angel smiles a flower grows
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 12 February 06 19:04 GMT (UK) »
A big hug for your Mum Mary.

As you probably know my Mum had a very large malignant growth removed from her bowel last January followed by MRSA.  She has recovered well and was 92 on 11th January, living back in her flat and eating like a horse.  We do have our worries about her getting very confused, but she still recognises us, and enjoys life.

I'm so glad your dear Mum is recovering well Mary.

These two ladies of Golden Years, are certainly an inspiration.  As my daughter remarked about my Mum, 'She's a tough old bird'  ;D

Lots of Love
Su xxxx
Barnett Altrincham/Manchester
Bates Hindley Lancs
Bowyer Altrincham Cheshire
Cunliffe Hindley
Hollingworth Hale Barnes/Mobberley Ches
Jones Salford/Altrincham
Ramsdale Hindley Lancs
Timperley Warburton/Dunham Massey
Yarwood Great Budworth,Lymm,Dumham Massey

All Census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 12 February 06 19:44 GMT (UK) »
'She's a tough old bird
They aren't they?  They know how to live and they built them to last in those days  ;D ;D

Thank you for the hug, and of course you'll give your mum plenty from us too.

Mary xxx
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline Sooziecats

• I am sorry but my email is not working at the moment
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Jessie Wanklyn 16.01.1913 - Christmas Eve 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Monday 13 February 06 10:11 GMT (UK) »

Some of her friends wont phone her, as they are obviously worried about what to say to her,

The way my Mum got around this was by telling everyone that she had been diagnosed with Cancer and asked all of us to tell people as well.  Mum said that she didn't want people avoiding her or whispering behind her back.  One good thing about this is that people who I only knew only on a nodding basis keep coming up to me in the street and asking how my Mum is.  We live in a smallish town so probably 90% know one member of my family.  The support from everyone including the Greengrocer and Butcher has been fantastic.
And Mum is feeling back to her normal self this morning.

Thanks for all you good wishes and prayers - it really does make a difference.

Sue B
Herefordshire - Wanklyn (all variations)
Herefordshire - Preece
Gloucestershire - Bayliss
Gloucestershire - Creese
Gloucestershire - Johnson
Gloucestershire - Emerson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Veni, veni, veni Locamovae cum me
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Monday 13 February 06 12:55 GMT (UK) »

Thanks for all you good wishes and prayers - it really does make a difference.

Sue B

That's what we're here for isn't it - to make a difference?      :-*

Barbara
Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline Rebecca Steele

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Monday 13 February 06 13:19 GMT (UK) »
Mary,

So pleased your mum is on the road to recovery .... it reminded me of my nan though and she wasn't so lucky ....

She was aged about 82 at the time and in hospital, I think because she had a very bad chest infection. I think she must have had a scan to see how the infection was progressing and they found that she had a cancerous lump in her breast.

I think it must have progressed beyond the treatment stage, as they said that they had no other option but to remove the whole breast, which they did, that same day.

She never really got over it, and was always really consious that it was no longer there even though she was given a 'pretend' one to wear inside her bra.

This was about 15ish years ago, and I think that if it had been nowadays they would have only have removed the lump and/or given her treatment.

Love and hugs to you all and your mums,
Chui

Morgan - Herefordshire, Worcestershire * Bullock - Worcestershire * Taylor - Gloucestershire, Worcestershire * Peverill/all/ell - Middlesex, Brighton, Essex * Knee - Gloucestershire, London area * Brenan - Any area * Steele - Dorset<br /><br />Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Monday 13 February 06 14:30 GMT (UK) »
I think that if it had been nowadays they would have only have removed the lump and/or given her treatment

I think you may be wrong in that I believe they err on the side of caution and in recommending surgery for mum they would have removed the whole of it to be on the safe side, just removing lumps if they found they were non malignant.  We are so lucky that modern technology and research has enabled the development of medication which does work in many cases, I wish it helped in more.

Thank you for your kind thoughts Chui, I feel so sad abut your nan.  We don't.... or maybe it's just me, until recently I'd always thought of breast cancer as being something to happen to a younger woman, and of course I thought that must be so dreadful to have it and I was quite amazed that this occurs to a woman in her 80's, its quite a shock to me and I should have known better.

Mary