Author Topic: Daniel Chambers  (Read 1059 times)

Offline Clare Fowler

• RootsChat Veteran
  • www.clarefowler.co.uk
    • View Profile
Daniel Chambers
« on: Monday 06 February 06 17:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

I am trying to trace records of my GGG Grandfather, Daniel Chambers.  From his death certificate and the 1861, 1871, 1881 and 1891 census records, I estimate his birth date to be around 1827, but he doesn't appear on the IGI.  Does anyone have the Chambers family in their line?  I think his parents were James Chambers and Elizabeth Penn.

Many thanks in advance.

Clare
ELLIOT, CROZIER, HAY, AITCHISON, COWAN - Roxburghshire
BETT - Kinross-shire, Fife and Glasgow
CHAMBERS, BRUFF, WESTMACOTT - Glasgow
And many, many more...

Offline Janice M

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Chambers
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 February 06 21:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I don't have a Daniel Chambers in my line, but thought I would let you know that in my line the name seems to change between Chambers and Chalmers.

Hope this helps.

Janice
Elder, Stewart, Johnston, Baskerville, Marks, Carson, Leitch, Bulloch, Thomson, Allen, Campbell, Gordon, Murray, Kelly, Chambers, Black, Cheyne, Youngson, Williamsdaughter, Anderson, Briggs, Pirie, Clark, Philp, Mannel, Lander, Rough, Lean, Bate, Brown, Oliver, Kitt, Shards, Bennet, Young, Petrie, Wylie, Herbertson, Martin, McAlister, Best, Ginn, Ross, McIntosh, McGillivray, Russell, Pettigrew, Fyfe, Barrie

Offline Clare Fowler

• RootsChat Veteran
  • www.clarefowler.co.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Chambers
« Reply #2 on: Friday 10 February 06 08:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

That seems to happen in my line too.  It took me a little while to find them on the 1881 census because of it.

Cheers,
Clare
ELLIOT, CROZIER, HAY, AITCHISON, COWAN - Roxburghshire
BETT - Kinross-shire, Fife and Glasgow
CHAMBERS, BRUFF, WESTMACOTT - Glasgow
And many, many more...