Author Topic: David cox watercolour artist (1783-1859),  (Read 10208 times)

Offline rubyredslippers

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: David cox watercolour artist (1783-1859),
« Reply #9 on: Monday 03 June 13 17:42 BST (UK) »
Hello, I am a member of the Cox family (David Cox).  My grandfather was Ernest Arthur Cox. My great aunt was Maud Theresa Cox (Moseley).  She always told me that I was David Cox's great great ad infinitum granddaughter, although it appears it may be through his daughters.  I remember visiting my uncle Cuthbert Cox (Prof) many years ago.  My mother was Alice Marguerite Salisbury (nee Cox) and her sister, my aunt Beryl Lilian Flowers (nee Cox).  Although I was born and registered in Meriden and lived, until my marriage in Coventry, my aunt and uncle and myself used to visit great aunt Maud Cox every other weekend.  She lived in Sandhurst Road, Moseley, the family having moved there after being bombed out during the Second World War.  As far as I remember all of the Cox clan were well educated and took up professional occupations. If I can be of any help, (I hold the Cox/Cashmore Genealogy tree) please contact me.

I have tried to PM and it keeps telling me your inbox is full. I have your side in my tree.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: David cox watercolour artist (1783-1859),
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 28 April 15 09:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Rubyredslippers,

Claybrookfish has only made the one post on RootsChat, to reply to his private message he would need to make one more post ;)

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk