Author Topic: humphrey jones 1799 welshpool/richard roberts 1827 welshpool  (Read 2338 times)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
humphrey jones 1799 welshpool/richard roberts 1827 welshpool
« on: Wednesday 08 February 06 10:24 GMT (UK) »
hi there...i have direct descendants in my tree from welshpool as follows...HUMPHREY jones b 1799..daughter SARAH jones born 1827 spetisbury shropshire and son edward jones born 1842...grandson (edwards son )humphrey thomas jones born 1867(don`t know where)...SARAH JONES married RICHARD roberts from welshpool..any info  on sarah/humphrey or richard greatly appreciated...block capitals denote direct descendants....regards...allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: humphrey jones 1799 welshpool/richard roberts 1827 welshpool
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 June 06 19:00 BST (UK) »

Have you found them in any of the census?  If not, I can look them up for you.

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 21 June 06 13:03 BST (UK) »
hi lloydy..sorry for delay,been on holiday...yes was given details about 3 months ago...my g grandfathers ancestors on my mothers side,but can`t seem to go back any further...regards...allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 21 June 06 13:55 BST (UK) »
Hi again

Can I assume that it's the Humphrey Jones born 1799 Welshpool that you are stuck with?

Also, I see that daughter Sarah was born in Shropshire.  I'm not aware of a Spetisbury in Shropshire - did you get that from one of the census?  If so, post the full reference details and I can check the image for you. 

Also, can you post any other relevant information that you have - census details, certificate details, baptisms etc?

Jan

p.s.  Jones is such a nightmare name, especially in Wales!!!!  I have several Jones lines in my Tree,  and they're not even related. 
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand