Author Topic: 21 David Street, Blaengarw, Llangeinor  (Read 8008 times)

Offline AngelaR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 21 David Street, Blaengarw, Llangeinor
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 08 October 06 15:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Badgirl

I've only just noticed that you replied to my post ages and ages ago. I'm really sorry - I must have missed the notification email  :'(

Thank you so much for the effort you went to to look up tenancy records for me.  It never occurred to me that there might be such things - all my relatives seem to have been in tied accommodation, so I've never thought to pursue that as a line of enquiry  ::)

Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging your post   :(

Thanks again

Angela

Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Especially looking for - Sealey, Rogers, Cannings, Box, Sheppard in Wiltshire; Virgin, Slade, Abbott, Saint, Harper, Silverthorn in Somerset; and Virgin, Tarr, Beer in Devon

And most especially the origins of William Cannings,  a Baptist, born abt 1791 in Broughton Gifford, Wiltshire

Offline Garethboxing

• --
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Grampy Wyndham Jones (Wales v Ireland 1905)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 09 October 06 16:14 BST (UK) »
You should be able to find out who (males only) was living at the address by checking the electoral roll for that year. It should be available at the local library, or at least the nearest sizeable one.
   Gareth
Scott, Dowdeswell (Merthyr Tydfil), Jones (Loughor and Merthyr Vale), Roberts (Nelson), Prichard (Collenna and Cefn Fforest); Evan Roberts (Corwen and Amlwch); Scott (Pentre); Scott (Ancrum); Thomas (Pantywaun and Bedlinog); Morgan Jones (Ystradfellte); Bowen (Loughor); Jenkins (Bridgend); Thomas Dowdeswell (b. Gloucester, 1829).

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline AngelaR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 09 October 06 17:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks Gareth - I've not tried electoral rolls before either ::)

Between the two of you, you're extending my range of resources no end....

Thanks again

Angela
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Especially looking for - Sealey, Rogers, Cannings, Box, Sheppard in Wiltshire; Virgin, Slade, Abbott, Saint, Harper, Silverthorn in Somerset; and Virgin, Tarr, Beer in Devon

And most especially the origins of William Cannings,  a Baptist, born abt 1791 in Broughton Gifford, Wiltshire