Author Topic: Tidbury of Tidbury's Toll, Fort Beaufort, Cape Colony  (Read 15230 times)

Offline Everett Tidbury

• RootsChat Extra
  • Everett Almero Tidbury - Fort Beaufort Tidburys
    • View Profile
Re: Tidbury of Tidbury's Toll, Fort Beaufort, Cape Colony
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 19 November 15 14:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi there guys,

My dad sent me the Coat of Arms that he has with him.
Also a little break down of the various devices on the Crest.

The description is as follows:
Gules. A pale ermine
Crest  the point of a spear in pale, the shaft and hilt in saltire proper, banded gules.
Mantling. Argent and Gules

The broken lance . died in battle with honour hence the red ribbon binding the lance
Helmet denotes from English decent
Ermine , usually associated with royalty and knighthood.

Still waiting on the whole document, might be able to provide a bit more clarification. :P
Tidbury

Offline Karen Cutler

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 19 November 15 15:15 GMT (UK) »
That is fantastic Everett.  Thank you so much.  I'm going to try and put it on the family tree.
Karen

Offline Tony Goodenough

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 01 January 16 14:27 GMT (UK) »
I see you have Everett William Tidbury in your tree. He married a cousin of mine (Mary Grace Goodenough) back in the 1940's I believe. I've lost trace of them after that other than knowing the couple had 1 girl & 2 boys - one of the latter went on to produce triplets! Do you have any info on any of them, in which case I'd love to hear from you. It seems the Tidbury's have am interesting background - my interest is really whetted!

Hi there,
My name is Everett Almero Tidbury, I am named after Everett William Tidbury, he was my great grandfather, his sons were Hilton, Kevin and daughter, Undene. Hilton Tidbury being my grandfather, Hilton is still married to Kathy (Johanna Kathleen Killian, my Grandmother) after all these years! She is the one to have the Triplets you mentioned (First set of triplets in Port Elizabeth in 20 years at the time, I believe), all three are my uncles, Wayne, Mark and Gary(Deceased). As well as two other children, Shaun Mathew Tidbury (My father) and Delray Tidbury (Now Turner, and still living in Fort Beaufort) Hilton and Kathy now also live in Fort Beaufort once again.

From the Hilton and Kathy line, there are only two male grand children, my close cousin Dominic Tidbury, son of Wayne Tidbury, and myself son of Shaun Tidbury.

If you require any information on this line of Tidbury's (The Fort Beaufort Tidburys) please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Offline Tony Goodenough

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 01 January 16 14:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello Everett,

I've only just picked up your message posted way back in November, sorry! It's another grey, wet day here so I'm busy catching up with my outstanding FH stuff. Fascinated by your story and would love to share full details with you although I'm not on Geni. Have a complete tree of my Goodenoughs & calculate we are 2nd cousins 2 X removed from my Grand Uncle Samuel. My email is (*)

Happy New Year to you and all my SA cousins
(PS can you spare some of your sun for us?)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.