Author Topic: Kermode, Daniel b. 1837-1840 IOM, Miner AUST NZ  (Read 12605 times)

Offline td

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Kermode, Daniel b. 1837-1840 IOM, Miner AUST NZ
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 18 July 06 20:02 BST (UK) »
Interestingly Charles is shown as a carpenter in 1861 and the related trade of boat builder in 1851.

Given Daniels age when his father died he may have picked up Charles' trade. 

But to be sure, I'll follow up your very good suggestions.

Regards,

Terry

McBeth (Letterkenny)
Paterson (Ayrshire)
Kermode (Isle of Man)
Bignell (Hampshire)
Moss (Writtle, Essex)
Elliss (Sancreed, Cornwall)

Offline JamesRoy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 14 May 07 02:59 BST (UK) »
I don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but sarahjane412's post in July last year cited my family: 
Ballaburagh (?), Andreas
William Cormode - c1809 Head - Farmer of 42 Acres   
Jane Cormode - c1810 Wife
William Cormode - c1836 Son - Scholar
Daniel Cormode - c1838 Son - Scholar
John Cormode - c1842 Son - Scholar
Margret Cormode - c1845 Daughter
Catharine Cormode - c1850  Daughter       
Daniel Kelley - c1836 Farm Servant   
William Teare - c1839 Farm Servant
All born Andreas

None of this family seem to be anywhere in 1861!

From IGI  Batch C035751   
Christening:  Daniel Cormode 10 SEP 1837 Andreas, Isle Of Man, England
Parents: WILLIAM CORMODE  & JANE TEAR

Batch M035751
WM. CORMODE  married JANE TEAR 18 DEC 1830  Andreas, Isle Of Man, England

They were still there for several more years -- some of them.  The Daniel Cormode in that family did move to Wisconsin.  He lived near his sister, a Mrs. Daniel Brew.  The son, William, moved to Kansas.  He and wife purchased land there from another Manxman, John Cain, in 1867.  Jane Tear Cormode died before the 1881 census; William Cormode, the father died in the late 1880's. 

I know of the families of all of the children except son, John Cormode. 
Cormode, Tear, Teare, Killip, Goldsmith

Offline Red1975

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 20 March 09 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi

If anyone is still interested, I have info on Daniel Kermode 1836 Isle of Man. He married a Martha Quirk, also of IOM, they moved to the USA. Daniel died in 1900 in Cleveland, Ohio, and Martha in 1885 in St Louis, Missouri. They had the following children:
James - 1863
Clara - 1866 in Lancashire, England, d USA
Martha - 1868 Lancs, d 1944 St Louis, USA
Elizabeth - 1872
Emeline Mildred - 1877 Cleveland, Ohio
Annie - 1881 Cleveland
Daisey - 1882 Cleveland

Daniel's parents were Daniel Kermode 1793, and Eleanor. Daniel had a sister Hannah Kermode, b 1844 in Lonan, IOM, she married my 1st cousin 5x removed Henry Bateman. Daniel Kermode snr was also married to a Margaret Killip, b 1803 IOM. They had a daughter called Anne Kermode who married a Joseph Raisbeck, b1823, they moved to Victoria, Australia. The Killip family were extensive on the Isle of Man, and also in Liverpool (then in Lancashire).

Helen :)

Bracegirdle, Hooson, Bateman, Apsley - in Denbighshire , Flintshire, Lancashire, Cheshire, Manchester and Isle of Man
Womersley, Armytage, Armitage, Auty, Briggs, Brearley, Cordingley, Clayton, Fairburn, Hooson, Whiteley - in Yorkshire, Lancashire, Manchester and Cheshire
Beard, Scrase, Neville, Calverley, De la Chambre, Fuller, Clothal - Rottingdean, Lewes, Brighton, Sussex, Kent

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 20 March 09 21:57 GMT (UK) »
do you have the parentage of Eleanor Kermode - I don't seem to have any Eleanors baptised in Lonan around that time (12814) - is she possibly illeg d/o Margt Corkill ?
I have seen the 2003+2004 posts on http://www.isle-of-man.com/cgi-bin/interests/genealogy/bulletin/index.pl?noframes;read=503248
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline Red1975

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 21 March 09 12:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi

All the Census records for Eleanor from 1841 to 1891 say that she was born on the Isle of Man, probably in Lonan, but I do not have a record for her birth. However, if you search for all Eleanor's born on the Isle of Man within 5 years of 1814 on the Family Search website there are quite a few in Lonan. I am not sure which one she would be at the moment, but I'll let you know if I dig anything up.
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=igi/search_IGI.asp&clear_form=true

Helen  :)
Bracegirdle, Hooson, Bateman, Apsley - in Denbighshire , Flintshire, Lancashire, Cheshire, Manchester and Isle of Man
Womersley, Armytage, Armitage, Auty, Briggs, Brearley, Cordingley, Clayton, Fairburn, Hooson, Whiteley - in Yorkshire, Lancashire, Manchester and Cheshire
Beard, Scrase, Neville, Calverley, De la Chambre, Fuller, Clothal - Rottingdean, Lewes, Brighton, Sussex, Kent

Offline ThomTucson

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 11 August 09 00:57 BST (UK) »
Hello, I recently acquired a cabinet photograph of the grave site of John Cormode, died 1866 / Wife Margaret died 1897. Photograph was taken by R. W. Greer / Monumental Mason / 21 a, Athol Street / Douglas