Author Topic: Hennigan/Horgan Listowel  (Read 2706 times)

Offline sheba

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hennigan/Horgan Listowel
« on: Friday 10 February 06 00:29 GMT (UK) »
Hennigan/Horgan : My greatgrandfather Patrick Hennigan son of Johanna Quaid and Charles Hennigan married Julia Horgan daughter of Michael and Mary Horgan in Listowel in 1859. The Hennigans were farmers at Skeharin, Listowel and Michael Horgan a Surveyor.  Julia and Patrick left for Australia leaving behind my Grandmother Bridget . They eventually settled in Charleston, New Zealand where she joined them in about 1875, they also had 3 other daughters Mary, Katie and Julia who I presume were born in Australia If anyone had information on these families it would be much appreciated

Offline jbw

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hennigan/Horgan Listowel
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 August 08 03:51 BST (UK) »
Hi there
I am a great-granddaughter of Patrick and Julia Henigan.  Kate Henigan, their daughter married William John Barris. Kate and William John had 5 children born in Auckland, NZ and their son William was my grandfather.  You were wondering about where Patrick and Julia's children were born.  Bridget was born in Ireland, as you know.  Mary was born in Melbourne and Kate and Julia were born in Charleston, on the west coast of the South Island of NZ.  I have just found out that Charles and Johanna had 3 sons - Patrick was the middle one, born 1831, william born 1828 and Michael born 1832.  Love to correspond.
Jenny Barris Wheeler