Author Topic: Ministers at Troqueer  (Read 4183 times)

Offline brummyboy

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ministers at Troqueer
« on: Friday 10 February 06 16:12 GMT (UK) »
My wife has ancestors (according to her grandfather's family tree) from Troqueer.  Rev Francis Lawson, we understand, was the minister at Troqueer Kirk around 1800 and William Pagan was a "heritor" around the same time.  We've searched online records and as yet have drawn a blank.  The name "Lawson" has been used as a male middle name for several generations of my wife's family, so he must have made a big impression at the time.

Anyone out there able to throw any light on this, or point me in the direction of documents I should be looking at?

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
Re: Ministers at Troqueer
« Reply #1 on: Friday 10 February 06 16:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi brummyboy,

Can't help you with your querry - it is new information to me about the Rev Francis Lawson - but I have a few "Lawson" middle names down on my McBurnie line from Troqueer - I presumed that as one of them married a Lawson earlier that was the reason.

You have got me thinking now  (and that could be dangerous!! ;D)

Cheers

Keith

P.S. I would send you to look at my website - but all Rootchat websites are down at the moment!!
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 10 February 06 16:25 GMT (UK) »

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 10 February 06 16:32 GMT (UK) »

Thanks Audrey - please don't you put the McBurnie name into the search engine - you might not recover from the habits of my (very distant - honest!!) ancestors

Cheers

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails