Author Topic: Marriage lookup please  (Read 2667 times)

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Marriage lookup please
« on: Saturday 11 February 06 13:41 GMT (UK) »
Could someone with time please do a lookup for me..
Michael KILGALLON married to Margaret? some were between 1860 and 1864..could be at Collooney Sligo

Many thank's
Yonks Ago
Kilgallon Langdon Nicol Bolger Smith Carlisle Thomas Delahide Blackman Harley Amphlett Scarbourgh Murrish Oats Tonkin Aveyard Armitage Child Fox Bland Gomersal Mountain Gelder Harrison Armstrong Laws Steel Main Lambert Law Laws Christie Kirk Bell Black Amphlett Barclay Harley Dewar Rodger Fortune McCann Nealis Sutherland Rumgay

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage lookup please
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 February 06 19:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I don't have access to marriage records - pre 1864 is difficult if your relatives were Catholic - you would have to go through parish records. However, I have had a bit of a look round to see if there is anything you could do.
1) You could search in Family Search using Michael and Margaret as parents. This turns up 3 children between 1860 and 1866 (sadly all with different Margaret mothers!) but you may know of one of the children. If the 1866 child was yours- you could apply for a birth certificate.
2) Collooney seems to have been in the parish of Ballysadare for Griffiths Valuation - again by searching here; www.failteromhat.com and then Griffiths index you can find Killgallen in Ballysadare parish - not Collooney townland but 2 other townlands.  Using this you can cross reference with the mother surnames - 1 at least is in the parish - in Collooney in fact.
3) Lastly, there is a website which covers present day Collooney- parish is Kilvarnet now. There is an email address - might be worth a try - someone may have access to parish records there.  I can't copy the address but browsing for Collooney (Kilvarnet) Parish will get you there.
Best wishes
Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage lookup please
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 February 06 12:55 GMT (UK) »
heywood,
Many Thank's for that..have searched with familysearch..and have info on my family from that. your 2nd and 3rd direction has given me a better understanding of the area..
Yonks Ago
Kilgallon Langdon Nicol Bolger Smith Carlisle Thomas Delahide Blackman Harley Amphlett Scarbourgh Murrish Oats Tonkin Aveyard Armitage Child Fox Bland Gomersal Mountain Gelder Harrison Armstrong Laws Steel Main Lambert Law Laws Christie Kirk Bell Black Amphlett Barclay Harley Dewar Rodger Fortune McCann Nealis Sutherland Rumgay