Author Topic: Grealis - 1901/1911 census  (Read 4654 times)

Offline Nicky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Grealis - 1901/1911 census
« on: Saturday 11 February 06 16:46 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for a Patrick Grealis and wife Sarah in the Killeenacoff area of Westport.

Patrick was born about 1876 and he married a Sarah Casey.

Any information on this couple would be great, they had I believe 7 children who all died in infancy. His wife Sarah also died pre 1920.

Nicky
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Sewell - Surrey<br />Lynch - Ireland, Devon and Channel Islands<br />Whall and Pye - Norwich, Essex and Kent<br />Cotterill - Warwickshire<br />Adams - North and East Riding of Yorkshire<br />Preest, Dufty Lewis, Aston - Forest of Dean

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Grealis - 1901/1911 census
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 February 06 00:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nicky,
if you go to http://www.leitrim-roscommon.com/1901census/census.shtml some parts of the 1901 census for Mayo are there.
You will find your Patrick and Sarah living with Sarah's father John- townland Killeencoff. There is only one Grealis in Killeencoff - Walter aged 60 yrs with his wife and family- they may be Patrick's family.
I hope this is a start for research.
Best wishes
Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 12 February 06 09:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nicky,
I will send you a personal message with some details of further information I have spotted.
Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Nicky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 12 February 06 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks that is great.

nicky
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Sewell - Surrey<br />Lynch - Ireland, Devon and Channel Islands<br />Whall and Pye - Norwich, Essex and Kent<br />Cotterill - Warwickshire<br />Adams - North and East Riding of Yorkshire<br />Preest, Dufty Lewis, Aston - Forest of Dean

Offline marypatniel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 24 October 08 20:22 BST (UK) »
I just came across this query.  Did you ever get the info you wanted.  Patrick Grealis was my grandfather's first cousin.  My grand was also Patrick Grealis.  I have been collecting information about the family for quite a while.  Let me know if I can help you.    I know it's a few years since you posted the query.
Marypat

Offline Nicky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 19 December 08 18:59 GMT (UK) »
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, only just picked up this message!

I have information on Patrick' second marriage to Elizabeth Gavin and their children. It is information on Sarah Casey and the children from that  marriage that I am looking for. If you could help that would be great.

Nicky

Offline marypatniel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 19 December 08 19:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nicky,
I was told the story of the 7 children all of whom died young by Patrick's daughter Eileen Larkin.  She pointed out the place where they are supposedly all buried.  I have tried to find these 7 children without much success. Sarah died on 1 Jun 1918.  The children whose births I found are Michael born 26 Sep 1901, probably died before 1911 as he is not in census; Patrick born 1902, in 1911 census, died 12 Feb 1914 and Thomas born 12 Jun 1906, died 1906.  Perhaps after the New Year I will pursue them again.  This probably only helps you a little.
Marypat

Offline Paul Larkin (Grealis)

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 06 October 23 19:47 BST (UK) »
Sorry for bumping this but interested as I sit here in Westport talking about my family - Eileen (nee Grealis) Larkin was my grandmother and we are looking for info on the Grealis family having visited graves today. Would be great if anyone above who is still active on the forum can let me know of any info they have or anyone searching themselves now or in the future can give me a shoutm