Author Topic: Cyril (Ronnie) Middleton and John Middleton  (Read 9829 times)

Offline Achiever

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cyril (Ronnie) Middleton and John Middleton
« on: Monday 13 February 06 11:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I'm seeking any information on Cyril (Ronnie) Middleton my father born about 1912 and his father John Middleton. Only information I have is the family were possibly from Long Eaton, Derbyshire.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Many thanks.   
Mentessi, Middleton, Pees, Francioni, Gardiner

Offline deb usa

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cyril (Ronnie) Middleton and John Middleton
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 April 06 20:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Achiever
I was very excited to see the Middleton name on the boards...as I am one myself.
I have Middletons but they are all in the Devon area. I even have a Cyril Middleton b 1912 but his dad was Wlliam Skinner Middleton.
Before that they all were from Tiverton and Silverton and Rewe areas.
Does this connect to your family in any way??
if not ,,,i wish you luck with your search
regards
Deb
Travellers = Penfold, Orchard, James
Devon = Middleton,  Waterfield, Adams, Clark/e, Gould
Cornwall = Palmer, Carnarton, Slack/Smith. Morris/h
Wales, New Quay = James, Evans

All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Achiever

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 May 06 18:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Deb,
Another Middleton, many of them, but unfortunately I don;t think this connects with mine.

I do not have much information about my father Cyril (Ronald Middleton), except his first wife's name was Rosemary, his fathers name was Johyn, my mothers name was Bruna. If you get any other info that might connect with mine please let me know! Thanks I need some luck!!!
Yvonne

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 05 June 06 11:57 BST (UK) »
Do ypu have your father's marriage cert? That should give his father's occupation.

There is a marriage reg Mar qtr 1899 Shardlow dist (covers Long Eaton)
on same page
John George Middleton
Clara Bendall
Mary Jane Wilcox

1901 there is a John Middleton , wife Clara -children William, Edith, Horace in Church Greasley Swadlincote

There is a birth reg  Cyril Middleton Dec qtr 1910 Sheffield dist
and
Birth reg Cyril Middleton Dec qtr 1911 Sheffield dist (mothers maiden name Street)
and
Death reg Sept 1994 Leeds dist Cyril Middleton (b 14 Oct 1911)

Do you know when/where your father was born/died?
Did he have any siblings??
Any scrap of info could help find his family.
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Achiever

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 05 June 06 18:01 BST (UK) »
Hi there,
Many thanks for the information, there may well be a connection here. These dates are definitely what I am looking for.  If this John is the father of Cyril!!  My info is marriage certificate he used the name Richard Peter Middleton, married my mother Bruna Maria Mentessi 11 January 1942, aged 29 yrs, occupation constructional engineer LPTB.  His father is named as John deceased and occupation constructional engineer.  My birth certificate he used the name Richard Ronald, occupation electrical engineer.  Although name is actually Cyril Ronald, an electrician!  He was living and working in the City of London in 1941 when he met my mother.  I have been told he was born in Long Eaton but cannot verify this, also told Derbyshire, he lived in Loughborough and leicester at various times. My mother told me he had children with his first wife Rosemary.  He was prosecuted for bigamy. An interesting character but I can get no further.  The dates you give me tie in with mine.  Many thanks.

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 05 June 06 19:11 BST (UK) »
It may be worth finding marriage cert  to Rosemary to check name of his father?
By the way -Long Eaton isin Notts and Derbys!!!

Strangely I have someone in my tree from Long Eaton area-Jim Chapman -real name Albert Darby!!!! Wonder if he and Cyril Ronald knew each other???? LOL

Good hunting,
Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England

Offline Achiever

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 06 June 06 09:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Suz
Many thanks for info.  I have been trying for so long and getting nowhere.  I will try BDM in the quarters you mentioned and try marriage cert to Rosemary, although I don't know her maiden name, do I need this?  I am new to Rootschat and still finding my way around, so any help will be appreciated.  I feel now I have a bit more to go on than before I may strike lucky. This man covered his tracks well!  ??? I will keep digging!  Thanks.
Yve

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 06 June 06 15:36 BST (UK) »
There is also a family in 1901 living in Ilkeston Derbys (Long Eaton approx 6 miles from Ilkeston ) Henry John Middleton 29 b Cambridge -occupation Carpenter and Joiner Wife Sarah A B Lincs-5 children b Ilkeston-their son is John H Middleton age 11 (possible father?? he would be abt 22 when Cyril was born ?????

I would try 1837online -its a pay per view site -but if you could find Cyrils birth it would alos give his mother's maiden name

His marriage to Rosemary-if you find a marriage -assuming he married age 20 plus- for Cyril Middleton it will give his wifes surname -you can then check marriages in corresponing quarter year for that surname and see if its a Rosemary-should have the same ref no .

How do you know his name was really Cyril Ronald?

If he was a bigamist and there was a court case then maybe those records would give more info about his first marriage.

Offline Achiever

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 07 June 06 16:59 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I have found the two listed Cyrils 1910 and 1911 in BDM as you said but I cannot find a death reg Sept 1994 Leeds district as BDM only goes up to 1983!  Any tips on this!  Elder family members knew him as Ronnie and have confirmed his name was Cyril.  He had a criminal record in the name of Cypil i.e. falsyfying a national identity card in 1936, petty laceny etc and bigamy in 1943.  A friend's husband found details for me but won't say where he got it. The info only stated his wife's first name, but I have no idea where to look. Am planning a trip to London to record office in summer to see if I can find birth certs.  I am new to this and would welcome any help! There seems to be only so much I can do on line.  An all too interesting chap!! ::)