Author Topic: Bracegirdle  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Jinnie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bracegirdle
« on: Monday 13 February 06 16:48 GMT (UK) »
I have a marriage cert. for Thomas Bracegirdle and Sarah Wood . They were married on 24/11/1845 at Parish Church of Stockport (St Mary's?). According to this both were living in Bramall at time of marriage,
 Joseph Bracegirdle and William Wood are respective parents. Can anyone help me in tracing Joseph please? Icannot find him on any census.
It is the Bracegirdle line I am working on from the census I know Thomas was born in Henbury in 1823 but I do not know if he has any siblings.
Any help would be appreciated.
Jinnie

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Bracegirdle
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 February 06 20:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jinnie
well i cant help in regard to a census,but i do like looking for uncommon names.So i thought i would try and find any births in the area for Bracegirdle. 1847 a year ither side on the 1837 on-line to give you some clues maybe. I was only expecting the odd one,but gosh there are loads.Must be a lot of Of them out there example.
Jan 1/4 1845. 6 births.Macclesfield,Norwich, canarvon,Alltrincham,
 April  1/4  7 births, Salford Chorlton ,Stockport
Another 7 in April. Missed a few 1/4 to check and found loads more. So i think you need to take a look yourself you might reconize some names that have gon down the family.Cant remember if there is a w ay to see the parents name or not. I did find a Sarah in 46 i think.
hope this will be of some help

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline Jinnie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bracegirdle
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 February 06 13:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Celia,
Thanks for your message...you are quite right there are a lot of Bracegirdles around and it is the Macclesfield/Prestbury/Henbury area that I am most interested in. These are the lot that belong to me and I have traced most of them back to 1823. They didn't seem to move very far although they did have a spell in Stavely and another in Swinton Yorks. Eventually they ended up in Bredbury during the 1900's and that where my brother and I lived.
Joseph is my problem as you can see from my request and I think that I am now going to have to take a trip to Macclesfield or Chester to look at Parish Records for the area.
Thanks again for your input it is much appreciated
Jinnie