Author Topic: Walter Base 1901  (Read 653 times)

Offline bobtonks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Walter Base 1901
« on: Monday 13 February 06 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Walter Base was born about 1870. Can anyone see him in the Gt Yarmouth/Gorleston area in 1901?

Offline bwgan ceredig

• RootsChat Senior
  • They can 'do' 20 generations each!
    • View Profile
Re: Walter Base 1901
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 February 06 22:56 GMT (UK) »
Are you absolutely certain about the name/age?  The reason I ask is that there is a Walter, but he was 6, so born 1895ish.  His father was Frederick aged 33, so born...um maths...oooer! 1868ish.  Here are the deatils jic...(can't see any Walters of the right age other than one born in Suffolk?)

RG13/1815  F.76, p. 4

Frederick Base Head Pork Butcher aged 33 born gt Yar - in fact they are all born Gt Yarmouth.
Mary A wife 31
Lillian M daur age 12
Frederick son age 10
Rose M(?) age 9
Walter O age 6
Beatrice Daur 9 months
Sarah Carter servant single age 17

Hope that is of some use!

Regards

Julie  :)
Stiff - Monmouthshire & Glos, Parry - Monmouthshire
Stafford - Glos, Liles - Glos, Bright- Glos, Webb - Monmouthshire & Glos, Smart - Glos, Smith - Glos
Sullivan - Ireland, Jones (oh dear! Almost as bad as Smith), Walker - Somerset, Llewellyn
And, no don't laugh...Crump...I think it's great!

And of course, if I ever do manage to do a successful look up it is crown copyright and all that legal stuff!

Seriously Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bwgan ceredig

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 February 06 22:58 GMT (UK) »
PS:  The ref for the one born in Suffolk (living in Durham) is RG13/4744 f.62, p 8.
Stafford - Glos, Liles - Glos, Bright- Glos, Webb - Monmouthshire & Glos, Smart - Glos, Smith - Glos
Sullivan - Ireland, Jones (oh dear! Almost as bad as Smith), Walker - Somerset, Llewellyn

And of course, if I ever do manage to do a successful look up it is crown copyright and all that legal stuff!

Seriously Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bwgan ceredig

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 13 February 06 23:03 GMT (UK) »
PPS: the address in Gt Yarmouth was 80 Mill Road!

Offline bobtonks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 14 February 06 09:44 GMT (UK) »
Julie

I had found Walter age 6 but noticed on 1901 census online that also living in Gorleston was Walter Base age 29 occ Beer House Retailer and wondered if he was related.

Thanks for looking

Bob

Offline bobtonks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 14 February 06 17:39 GMT (UK) »
Added info. I believe Walter was married to Gertrude, 1875.

Bob

Offline bwgan ceredig

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 16 February 06 13:37 GMT (UK) »
Hmm  ???

Do you have a reference for the Walter you saw in 1901?  Because I can only find the two I mentioned!  :( :-\  The one in Suffolk is married to Jane, so that can't be him... ???

I have even tried looking at just people called Walter in the area, but can't see him...what do you want me to try next?  ??? ;D

Regards

Julie :)