Author Topic: Harding 1825  (Read 2902 times)

Offline Genie

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Harding 1825
« on: Monday 19 January 04 03:23 GMT (UK) »
Am searching for  EMMA HARDING  born Chalfont Bucks in 1825.   Was married to Thomas Newell from Warnford Hants. This must have been after 1859 when his first wife died.   Have tried BDM and Family Search but no go.  Any help would be appreciated.
NEWELL
HARDING
MURRAY  or DE MURRAY or DE MURAY

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
Re:Harding 1825
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 February 04 04:02 GMT (UK) »
Genie,Hi,

FreeBMD is a work in progress and records are added on about the first of the month,  it is worth re-visiting from time to time,  I did and found 2 G-grandfathers there this month,

Kazza.

Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline Genie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 21 February 04 04:11 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Kazza.  You are always on top of everything. Maybe I'll find her one day.   Just found her husband on FreeCEN 1891 census.  He has moved to Sidmouth in Devon with his daughter
NEWELL
HARDING

Offline paulnewell

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 26 March 04 23:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello Genie,

Re. your search for Emma HARDING, married to Thomas NEWELL.

I am researching NEWELL famhist and wonder what you know of Thomas N from Warnford.

My line seems to have come from Old Arlesford a little further north.

If I should find out anything about Emma (c.1825) I will let you know.

paul

Offline Genie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 27 March 04 04:03 GMT (UK) »
Thomas Newell born Warnford in 1814. Married on 29th March 1834 to Mary Ann Voller (born Somerton) who was born 1816 and died in and buried in Warnford Church 1859. They had 3 children. John 1839 Carpenter and Joiner married to Eliza. 2 daughters, Minnie born 1826 and Sarah born 1830.
Emily Newell born Warnford 1841.  Francis Newell born 1843.
After Mary Ann died, Thomas married Emma Harding born Chalfont Bucks 1825 died and buried in Warnford Church 1st October 1882.   They had 5 children all born Warnford
Ellen Augusta born 1862. Julia Emma 1864.  Ada 1866. Arthur Tom 1867 died London aged 38 on 21st July 1906. and Herbert Charles 1870 to 1958.
According to 1891 Census Julia was working as housekeeper to a Dr.George Butler in "Elm Croft" West Meon.
Ellen Augusta married Alfred Wilson. had 8 month baby named Elsie and were living at 6 York Terr. Sidmouth Devon and Thomas Newell now aged 77 and Herbert now aged 21 were living with them. Ellens husband was a lodging house keeper and she was retired School Governess.             Still looking for Ada Newell.
Arthur Tom was my grandfather.   If you want anything further regarding Arthur or Herbert please ask.
NEWELL
HARDING