Author Topic: moxon ancestors  (Read 2025 times)

Offline Ted

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
moxon ancestors
« on: Monday 19 January 04 12:00 GMT (UK) »
8)I live in Aust and trying to trace my family. I have gone back as far as Isaac Moxon who had a connection in Yorkshire. He married  Sarah Middleton daughter of Lepton Middleton and Martha Abbey, 15 Mar 1836 in St John the Baptist, Kirkby Wharfe. He was born 1804 in Kirkby Wharfe, Yorkshire. They had a son Joshuah Middleton Moxon born 1840 and married Louisa Mary Wilkinson 28/10/1865 in St Savior church, Upper Chelsea. They came to Australia about 1867.
Can any one confirm this data is right and tell me more about Isaac and where he came from? What about his extended family? The 1881 censushas a number of Isaac Moxons but I have no idea if any is my Isaac! ??? regards ,Ted Moxon.

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: moxon ancestors
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 November 04 10:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ted

Welcome to Rootschat.

You may know that Kirkby Wharfe is near Tadcaster which is about 7 miles South West of York.

I can't see which of the Isaac Moxon's in the 1881 census could be yours - is the birth date you have for him correct?

Let me know if I can help.  I don't live too far away from Kirkby Wharfe - so I might have an easier task than you!  :D
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk