Author Topic: death hunslet where buried? 1920 help please !  (Read 846 times)

Offline annette

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
death hunslet where buried? 1920 help please !
« on: Monday 27 September 04 11:29 BST (UK) »
after confirming a correct death of my great grandmother in hunslet in 1920 can anyone help me in my search for where she may be buried.  as I am new to this I do not know how to trace this. florence kathleen lawrence  :'(  :'(   thanks annette
interested in jackson lawrence ault handley dalloway haines

Offline Darcy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Searching for little needles in big haystacks
    • View Profile
Re: death hunslet where buried? 1920 help please !
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 September 04 11:43 BST (UK) »
Hi annette,

please don't cry ;D - you should be able to find your great grandmother quite easily.

I am in Australia and recently discovered where my grandparents are buried in Ireland and I could only guess that they might have died in the early 1940's.

All I did was this - I found out which cemeteries were in the general area and then I contacted the cemetery office and gave them the names and made a wild guess at the date. I was directed to ring back in an hour - and hey presto! I was given the section and grave number. It was a really lucky guess as my grandfather was buried in 1943 - my grandmother was 1929.

You have the actual date of death so shouldn't have a problem.

Good Hunting

Darcy ;)
Fisher, Pitts, Lucas, Emmit, Keal, Bennett, Maddock, Jackson, Pidd, Lincolnshire <br />Bullock, Read, White, Gloucestershire.<br />Shepherd, Foyle, Crowter, Green, Wiltshire<br />Strickland, Fisher, Butterworth, Brown, Northhamptonshire<br />Shepherd, Bullock, Waterhouse, Lancashire
Fisher, Goodwin, Rutland
<br /><br /><br /> Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline annette

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: death hunslet where buried? 1920 help please !
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 September 04 12:52 BST (UK) »
thanks for the info I cant wait only I have to now get ready for work but look forward to doing this.  thanks again darcy. The fact that you are in australia is amazing as florence who I am looking for is the first wife of my aunty's dad and she lives in sydney  :D  :D  :)
interested in jackson lawrence ault handley dalloway haines