Author Topic: death hunslet where buried? 1920 help please !  (Read 696 times)

Offline annette

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
death hunslet where buried? 1920 help please !
« on: Monday 27 September 04 11:29 BST (UK) »
after confirming a correct death of my great grandmother in hunslet in 1920 can anyone help me in my search for where she may be buried.  as I am new to this I do not know how to trace this. florence kathleen lawrence  :'(  :'(   thanks annette
interested in jackson lawrence ault handley dalloway haines

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Darcy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Searching for little needles in big haystacks
    • View Profile
Re: death hunslet where buried? 1920 help please !
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 September 04 11:43 BST (UK) »
Hi annette,

please don't cry ;D - you should be able to find your great grandmother quite easily.

I am in Australia and recently discovered where my grandparents are buried in Ireland and I could only guess that they might have died in the early 1940's.

All I did was this - I found out which cemeteries were in the general area and then I contacted the cemetery office and gave them the names and made a wild guess at the date. I was directed to ring back in an hour - and hey presto! I was given the section and grave number. It was a really lucky guess as my grandfather was buried in 1943 - my grandmother was 1929.

You have the actual date of death so shouldn't have a problem.

Good Hunting

Darcy ;)
Fisher, Pitts, Lucas, Emmit, Keal, Bennett, Maddock, Jackson, Pidd, Lincolnshire <br />Bullock, Read, White, Gloucestershire.<br />Shepherd, Foyle, Crowter, Green, Wiltshire<br />Strickland, Fisher, Butterworth, Brown, Northhamptonshire<br />Shepherd, Bullock, Waterhouse, Lancashire
Fisher, Goodwin, Rutland
<br /><br /><br /> Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline annette

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: death hunslet where buried? 1920 help please !
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 September 04 12:52 BST (UK) »
thanks for the info I cant wait only I have to now get ready for work but look forward to doing this.  thanks again darcy. The fact that you are in australia is amazing as florence who I am looking for is the first wife of my aunty's dad and she lives in sydney  :D  :D  :)
interested in jackson lawrence ault handley dalloway haines