Author Topic: FTM 9  (Read 1501 times)

Offline samcat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
FTM 9
« on: Wednesday 15 February 06 19:20 GMT (UK) »
I cannot install Family Tree Maker version 9 on my computer. I have tried turning off firewalls and security  and trying manually, all to no avail. There is no problem with other software. This is the second cd ( I was able to exchange it) I have tried so it can't be that. When the disc is inserted a box comes up to click ok to install but then nothing happens!

Offline 1000xlch

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: FTM 9
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 February 06 19:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Samcat

What operating system are you using.  Windows XP or Win98, I suspect XP because you say firewalls and security.  I presume it says on box compatible with XP etc and the memory and disc space etc.  Any error messages or just a box  saying install.  I assume it autoruns when you put disc in.  For manual operation hold the shift key down when you put disc in and this disables the autorun just that once.  Browse the cd and find the install or setup file to run it.  Alternatively can you install on a different computer?  If you have more than one cd drive, try a different one.

Hope this helps.

Let us know what happens!

Cheers

John Rowley
DUNN - Cambuslang, LKS
FORSYTH - Shotts, LKS
FRAME - Hamilton, LKS
HODGSON - Hamsterley, DUR
HUMPHREY - Easingwold, NRY
HUNT - Frimley, Surrey
MCKECHNIE - Argyll - Shotts
NETHERCLIFF(T)/ DRAYCOTT Sandhurst, BKS
PEPPERCORN - Lolworth, Cambs
PRATT - Thirsk, NYK
REDSHAW - Hamsterley, DUR
REYNOLDS - Fritton,Stratton,NFK
ROWLEY - STS to DUR
TALLACK - St Agnes Padstow,CON
WALMSLEY - NRY,Brum
WILSON - Hamsterley, Co Durham
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline samcat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: FTM 9
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 February 06 14:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi, thanks for replying to my query. I am using XP and yes it is compatible etc. The box just says click ok to install and when I do there is a flash of a welcome box + the installation bar thingy that usually goes blue as it installs, ( I think, but it is a flash only ) . Hope that makes sense but don't know how else to describe it! I have tried installing manually by running the set up file but same thing happens. Only thing left to do is try on another computer -- I'll let you know if it works.
                                                           Samcat