Author Topic: HOWMAN & HOWMANS, All  (Read 11366 times)

Offline saffi-anne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
HOWMAN & HOWMANS, All
« on: Monday 27 September 04 19:13 BST (UK) »
I am currently compiling a "one-name" study of all Howman/Howmans occurences - particularly in Norfolk, but will accept any from any corner of the UK.  My own line of Howman/s hail from the NE of Norfolk (Saxthorpe/Corpusty/Aylsham areas).  Drop me a line if you have any spare Howman/s and I will re-unite them with the rest of their family!
Sorry my emails are not working
Names: Howman/s, Keeler, Laverick, Giles, Plummer, Pagett, Harrison, Beadling, Dagless, Flowerdew/day, Gray, Starling, Scottow, Forster, Flint, Shields, Craske, Caston,
Areas: Norfolk (Aylsham & NE), Northumberland - Seaton Burn, Burradon, Weetslade, Gainsborough (Lincs).

Offline Welsh Jen

• Dyfal donc a dyr yr garreg!
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Howman/s one-name study
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 September 04 21:48 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat!  :D

Just for your information no such surname occurance in Glamorganshire Wales in 1841 or 1861

I wish you all the very best in your ONS

NB: If you come across any Colbert's in Norfolk (as I know there are some in that area) drop me a line directly or via my site below ~ Thanks (sorry for being cheeky in asking  ;) )
Jen

Offline Kewtonia

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 October 04 16:23 BST (UK) »
I am currently compiling a "one-name" study of all Howman/Howmans occurences - particularly in Norfolk, but will accept any from any corner of the UK.  My own line of Howman/s hail from the NE of Norfolk (Saxthorpe/Corpusty/Aylsham areas).  Drop me a line if you have any spare Howman/s and I will re-unite them with the rest of their family!

Hi Saffi - Anne,
I probably have an Eadith Howman in my tree, she was born abt 1761 (Saxthorpe?).
She married Richard Aolf 31 Mar 1788 in St Andrew's Saxthorpe Norfolk, she was buried 28 Nov 1832 in Saxthorpe.
I was given this information by Colin Ulph who is doing a ONS on Ulph & its variations, because he believes, but cannot yet prove, that Richard & Eadith were the parents of my gt gt gt grandmother Ann Ulph.
An Ann Aolf christened 1793 Saxthorpe was one of 7 children born to Richard & Eadith.

Ann Ulph married Robert Lee 29 Jul 1822 Itteringham Norfolk, prior to that she had 2 illegitimate children born in Itteringham.
In both the 1851 & 61 censuses Ann gives Saxthorpe as her birthplace.

Hope this is of interest to you. I can give you Colin's details if you PM me.
Chris
Popps - everywhere
Lee - Itteringham & Wickmere Norfolk
Poulton - Shoreditch
Davis - Shoreditch
Rickwood - Middlesex
Hawkes -  Essex & Middlesex
Kreglin(ger) - Middlesex & Renfrewshire
Unstead - Middlesex
Arnold/Gilby/Redgwell - Finchingfield Essex
Jordan - Truro & Falmouth Cornwall
Teague - Truro & Probus Cornwall
Fidock - East Newlyn Cornwall

Offline saffi-anne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 17 October 04 11:54 BST (UK) »
Hi, and thank you Chris!

I am aware of Edith Howman - though I have her husband as Richard Goff! (perhaps another variation of the spelling).  I am not aware of any children apart from:
Jonathon, son of Richard and Edith Goff (late Howman), born July 8th, baptized July 10th 1796.
Sorry I dont know Edith's parents as yet, but when I do find them I will be in touch.

Thank you again. :)
Names: Howman/s, Keeler, Laverick, Giles, Plummer, Pagett, Harrison, Beadling, Dagless, Flowerdew/day, Gray, Starling, Scottow, Forster, Flint, Shields, Craske, Caston,
Areas: Norfolk (Aylsham & NE), Northumberland - Seaton Burn, Burradon, Weetslade, Gainsborough (Lincs).

Offline Welsh Jen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 10 November 04 19:02 GMT (UK) »

Just incase I thought I would mention Howman/s is registered with the Goons. Are you aware of this or is the registered user you?
http://www.one-name.org/register.shtml

It would be a shame to duplicate, a collaboration would be a good thing.

Offline saffi-anne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 10 November 04 19:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Jen!

Yes, indeed I am one and the same.  I started the one-name study earlier this year after I realised how many names I had amassed during my searches.  My own line of Howman/s are mostly from the NE area of Norfolk - but I have them from all over the world now, and I would like to share with anyone who is interested in the name.  Drop me a line if you find any! :)

Offline Welsh Jen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 10 November 04 20:26 GMT (UK) »
I will keep my eyes peeled!

I have Glamorganshire Wales census returns handy I have checked 1841 1851 & 1861 there are no Howman / s listed at all the nearest is How.
If I can help you with the UK 1881 census let me know 

By the way I am the registered Colbert Goons owner!
All the very best in your ONS  ;D

Offline rayhayes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 17 November 04 10:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

My wife has Howman ancestors from Great Ryburgh, three brothers emigrated to Australia and there are now many descendants in Australia and New Zealand.

Earlier generations were at Hemstead, Foxley, Heydon etc.

Any interest to you ?

Ray

Offline saffi-anne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 17 November 04 10:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ray!
  I am not sure if we have spoken before, but thank you, I would love to have your wife's info.  I am aware of the brothers who set sail - if you would drop me a PM we can compare!
Thanks in advance. :)