Author Topic: Routledge's of Stapleton  (Read 1216 times)

Offline kena

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Routledge's of Stapleton
« on: Thursday 16 February 06 18:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi, please is anybody on here related to Routledge's of Stapleton. Have just found out about a monumental inscription via a very kind person on here which takes my Routledge's back to about the 1750's and was wondering if anybody was related to maybe the same Routledge's.

Thanks

Anna
Mullon, Fowell, Thornely, Wilding, Lowndes,Gallimore - Cheshire
Routledge, Bell, Gillesby, Armstrong, Forster, Ewart, Nixon, Kennedy,Reay,Wright,Nattrass,Little,Richardson - Cumberland
Winsborough, Hannabus, Copp, Salter, Bray, Williams, Bonney, Creedy, Matthews, Kelner - Devon
Minto, - Durham
Allaker, Fitch,Groom,Queary - Essex
Steeple, Moult, Woodcock - Lancashire
Trafford, Hambleton, Cordon, Sweetman, Goldstraw, Brough, Barton, Dawson, Sutton, Stevenson - Staffordshire
Huess - Somerset

Offline lorimer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Routledge's of Stapleton
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 March 06 19:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kena

The only marriage I could find you at Stapleton was James Routledge marriage to Jane Richardson dated 30/05/1812, at Stapleton.

James born 1789/1790 as I found on the burial , I wonder if these were his siblings.  Jane born December 1785, Elizabeth November 14th 1792. Did note a death of  William Routledge 1790, all these were listed as father names James Routledge.

Did note on the IGI the Routledges for Bewcastle, kind of fit your dates better, there was an Pedigree file for James Routledge.

The Routledges and Bells are both common names for the area as you know, many of them.  I think the monumental inscription was luck that day.

Regards Louise
My email address is not working sorry
Cumberland; Graham, Ogilvie, McCauley, Darling, Underwood,Atkinson, Losh, Heylin,Tinning.

Census information is Crown Copyright, from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kena

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Routledge's of Stapleton
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 March 06 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Louise, Thankyou very much for taking the time to do the lookups for me. I actually found one Jane in Bewcastle born in the right year for my Jane Routledge and her surname was Richardson so that matches to a tee. Thanks very much for looking for the other Routledge siblings for me as well, I know what you mean with luck, sometimes you can have really good days where genealogy is concerned and then the next it falls flat again.

Thanks again

Much appreciated

Anna
Mullon, Fowell, Thornely, Wilding, Lowndes,Gallimore - Cheshire
Routledge, Bell, Gillesby, Armstrong, Forster, Ewart, Nixon, Kennedy,Reay,Wright,Nattrass,Little,Richardson - Cumberland
Winsborough, Hannabus, Copp, Salter, Bray, Williams, Bonney, Creedy, Matthews, Kelner - Devon
Minto, - Durham
Allaker, Fitch,Groom,Queary - Essex
Steeple, Moult, Woodcock - Lancashire
Trafford, Hambleton, Cordon, Sweetman, Goldstraw, Brough, Barton, Dawson, Sutton, Stevenson - Staffordshire
Huess - Somerset