Author Topic: Need help on the '71 Census - me being dense!  (Read 1909 times)

Offline paulbarrett1984

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Need help on the '71 Census - me being dense!
« Reply #9 on: Friday 17 February 06 18:11 GMT (UK) »
Hiya,

Yes sorry, Alfred was a Platelayer in the 1881 census and a Sub Inspector in the 1891 Census. Both of these census' they're living in Essex.

Still no marriage yet though.  :'(
Norfolk: Chapman, Berry, Jarvis, Seymour, Bennett, Lambert, Harrison, Theobald, Eggleton, Studwell, Griggs, Chapman, Berry, Pearman, Largen, Largent, Hillson, Secker, Blowers, Stringer, Cooke<br />Suffolk: Berry, Bury, Elger, Alger<br />Essex: Fuller<br />Hertfordshire: Fuller, Filler, Blackaby, Gibbs<br />Cambridgeshire: Bouch, Savage,<br />Huntingdonshire: Savage<br />Lincolnshire: Graves, Whiley, Pearson, Allen, Randall<br />Northamptonshire: Green<br />Middlesex: Oakley, Secker

Offline paulbarrett1984

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 17 February 06 18:12 GMT (UK) »
Ah Harriet Oakley seems likely.

Norfolk: Chapman, Berry, Jarvis, Seymour, Bennett, Lambert, Harrison, Theobald, Eggleton, Studwell, Griggs, Chapman, Berry, Pearman, Largen, Largent, Hillson, Secker, Blowers, Stringer, Cooke<br />Suffolk: Berry, Bury, Elger, Alger<br />Essex: Fuller<br />Hertfordshire: Fuller, Filler, Blackaby, Gibbs<br />Cambridgeshire: Bouch, Savage,<br />Huntingdonshire: Savage<br />Lincolnshire: Graves, Whiley, Pearson, Allen, Randall<br />Northamptonshire: Green<br />Middlesex: Oakley, Secker

Offline Richard Knott

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 17 February 06 18:26 GMT (UK) »
The 1871 census reference you have been given is definitely right, even though it is FILLER not Fuller.
Unusually the IGI has the Hoddesdon registers for that period and both Alfred (1852) and William (1854) are there as children of John and Jane Filler.
He appears to have changed his name post 1871.

John Filler, 37, lab, b Hoddesdon
Jane, 44, charwoman, b Wormley
Alfred 19 b Hoddesdon
William 17, b Hoddesdon
All the families I am researching are listed on the main page here:
www.64regencyancestors.com

Census: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 17 February 06 18:27 GMT (UK) »
It sounds as though it would be a good idea to get the marriage certificate or if funds permit, the birth cert of one of their children first, which would confirm Harriett's maiden name.

Unless you have Alfred's, which would give his parents' details?

Have you tried the IGI?

Let us know if we can help further.

A  ;)

Ah - I see rjknott is ahead of me - would you like details of the 1871?  Note it is only "definitely right" in that it agrees with what I posted earlier - you still need to know parents' names to confirm

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline paulbarrett1984

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 17 February 06 18:31 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that guys.

I'll take a look, and ask for more help if need be!

Offline Richard Knott

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 17 February 06 20:22 GMT (UK) »
I accept that the parents names are needed for confirmation but I think that a) the absence of an Alfred Fuller in the Hoddesdon registers c1852 and b) the absence of an Alfred Filler of the right age in the 1881 census counts for quite a lot.
All the families I am researching are listed on the main page here:
www.64regencyancestors.com

Census: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline paulbarrett1984

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 18 February 06 18:22 GMT (UK) »
Hiya, I agree with ya.

I think we do have the same person, but just to be sure i'm gonna order some certs.

Thanks again!  ;D