Author Topic: Herbert BATTERICK  (Read 3983 times)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Herbert BATTERICK
« Reply #18 on: Monday 30 October 06 04:42 GMT (UK) »
http://content.ancestry.ca/iexec/?htx=List&dbid=1061&o_iid=27113&o_lid=27113&o_it=27112

Only a D.Power on here & not in the right area......Need to be off, Janice, can you check for her...don't have dates in front of me, etc...J.J.

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline Janice M

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 30 October 06 05:19 GMT (UK) »
As far as the 1851 Census; I don't believe there is one for Newfoundland/Labrador. As they weren't part of Canada until 1949, they had there own timeframe for Census taking. I checked the one's that I could find,(1836 - 1853) but unfortunately I could not find them on the existing ones, and I couldn't find any for the area where Dorcas was born.

This looks like your Dorcas.

Birth Information;

Name: Dorcas POWER
Parents: John POWER & Elizabeth MERRIGAN
Birth: July 12 1840
Place: Carbonear
Baptised: Dec 15 1840
Father's Occupation: planter

St. Paul's Anglican Church
Marriage Record - Harbour Grace
15 Nov 1832 Elizabeth Merrigan
& John Power

Here is Elizabeth (Merrigan) Power's death
St. Paul's Anglican
Burial Records
Harbour Grace
Date of Burial: 19 May 1881
Name: Elizabeth Power

Janice
Elder, Stewart, Johnston, Baskerville, Marks, Carson, Leitch, Bulloch, Thomson, Allen, Campbell, Gordon, Murray, Kelly, Chambers, Black, Cheyne, Youngson, Williamsdaughter, Anderson, Briggs, Pirie, Clark, Philp, Mannel, Lander, Rough, Lean, Bate, Brown, Oliver, Kitt, Shards, Bennet, Young, Petrie, Wylie, Herbertson, Martin, McAlister, Best, Ginn, Ross, McIntosh, McGillivray, Russell, Pettigrew, Fyfe, Barrie

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 30 October 06 15:21 GMT (UK) »
Yes, of course, I need to remember that....  ::) ::) ::)  :-\   We're such a young country... ;D  and I have such an old mind   ;)    J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 31 October 06 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Yes, of course, I need to remember that....  ::) ::) ::)  :-\   We're such a young country... ;D  and I have such an old mind   ;)    J.J.

My Great Aunt used to always love to tell the story how she was listed as "overseas" during WWII, but she was only in Newfoundland during WWII. 

Karen
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!