Author Topic: Marriage - William Gomersall and Mary Ann ?  (Read 1412 times)

Offline sianw

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Marriage - William Gomersall and Mary Ann ?
« on: Tuesday 28 September 04 16:30 BST (UK) »
Can any one help with the marriage of William Gomersall born Hull 1834/5 and Mary Ann ? born in Derby 1837/8. Their first recorded child that I can find was born in 1840/1. Hope this helps with a date
Thankyou
Waddington Gomersall Heke Hake Hull

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage - William Gomersall and Mary Ann ?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 September 04 18:27 BST (UK) »
You might want to revise your dates again, If william was born in 1834 and Mary was born in 1837 thats make them 6 and 3 when thier child was born.

I did that last week, i sent off for a birth cert and instead of putting 1874 i put 1974.   :)  They charged me £3 for that  lol
---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe

Offline sianw

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 28 September 04 20:19 BST (UK) »
Ooops sorry about that,  daughter was  born 1860/61 in Kirkstall, Yorkshire

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 28 September 04 22:44 BST (UK) »
I looked on Yorkshire BDM, i don't know if you've looked there but the only William marrying a Ann is

Yorkshire Marriage indexes for the years: 1863
Surname Forename(s) Surname Forename(s) Church / Register Office Registers At Reference
GOMERSALL William GOMERSALL Ann St Mary's, Woodkirk Leeds

It is possible that they married in Derbyshire where Ann was born
---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe

Offline sianw

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 28 September 04 23:48 BST (UK) »
Will have to check the Leeds entry, I know that some didnt get married until after the first or second child. But I will try Derby thanks very much for the info.
Sian