Author Topic: The even more famous (not!) GREENs  (Read 7953 times)

Offline briangreen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The even more famous (not!) GREENs
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 05 April 06 19:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Brian, you may have already found the post that I did regarding Daniel Maggs.

I have now found this string of posts and have worked out that I am your wife's second cousin. I come from Florence May Green, born 1902, Charles Green's previous child to Gladys Maude Green.

Tanja's suggestion of Betsy Shears looks spot on to me. I have just done a search on the 1851 census and found other Shears in living in Winterslow.

Brian G

Offline Janet P

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 19 March 15 18:00 GMT (UK) »
Ephraim's first wife was Rhoda Elizabeth Smith whom he married 23 March 1862 at St Mary's Southampton. They already had a son Isaac Ephraim (also found as Ephraim Isaac).They had 7 children and Rhoda Elizabeth died the first January 1878, one week after the birth of her youngest child Ada Florence. Ephraim remarried  22 November 1881 to Sarah White (nee Willis) They had 2 sons William Willis Maggs(1882 -1917) and Charles George Maggs(1884-1945).
  Ephraim was born in Haxon, near Fittleton Wilts on 14 August 1840, Rhoda was born in the nearby village of Enford on 29 April 1841. I am descended from their son Arthur Albert(1875-1935) Hope this helps. I have lots more.   Janet

Offline Janet P

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 19 March 15 18:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brian, Me again. I'm new to Roots Chat so I'm ploughing my way through the threads. Mary Elizabeth Maggs married Charles Green in 1887 but prior to that she had a daughter Amelia in the Southampton Workhouse in May 1884. In the Hants Advertiser of 11 March 1885 there is a report of George Bellinger admitting paternity for Mary's child. I know that Amelia died of Spanish 'flu in 1917, leaving a young family.  Regards Janet