Author Topic: Seymore / Seymour but i dont see more.  (Read 5912 times)

Offline AndrewMartin

• RootsChat Member
  • Tweet me: www.twitter.com/familytreeuk
    • View Profile
Seymore / Seymour but i dont see more.
« on: Sunday 19 February 06 16:03 GMT (UK) »
The Seymore/Seymour family name has twice married widowed gtxN Grandmothers of mine and in both cases, the newlyweds have seemingly vanished. So here i am launching my appeal for information to help me track them down and, for want of a more endearing phrase, kill them off.

Seymour (Part One)
The more recent Seymore appearance occured following the death of my Gt Gt Gt Grandfather, Edward Moden, of Wardy Hill, Coveney. He died in 1867, a few months before the birth of my Gt Gt Grandfather. His death left his widow Mary Ann Moden (nee Freeman of Prickwillow) very heavily pregnant and with an already thriving family of young Moden children.

On 27th March 1871, widow Mary Ann (34), daughter of John Freeman, married David Seymour (32), a labourer, son to Richard Seymour, at Coveney parish church.

On 20th November 1871, George Seymour is born (presumably conceived before the marriage) and this is followed in 13th May 1874 by Sarah Jane Seymour. Both children are baptised in Coveney.

By the 1881 census, the Seymour/Moden family have moved to Green's Farm, Ely but there is no sign of George, who would have been 9yrs old.

After this, i lose track of David and Mary Ann. What happened to George and Sarah Jane? When and where did David and Mary Ann die?

Seymore (Part Two)
Rebecca Newman was born in 1804 and in 1820 she gave birth to Charles Newman in Somersham. The church baptism records of Haddenham (where Rebecca goes to live with her parents) seem to happily name the father as Elias Dann (who crops up in nearby Wilburton) and Charles names Elias Dann as his father on his own wedding register entry years later. 

However, on 31st December 1822, Rebecca Newman married John Seymore and in 1823 they baptise their first child, Sarah Seymore. In 1826 they return to baptise Rebecca Seymore (now noted as being "of Aldreth") but after this, i lose track of them.

Where did Rebecca and John go? Did they have further children? When and where did they die?

Any help is most gratefully received :)
Andrew Martin
Cambridgeshire, England.
https://www.familytreeuk.co.uk
https://familyhistoriespodcast.com

Researching: BABBIDGE, BAILEY, BARBER, BARKER, BISHOP, BOULTER, BOWERS, BRIGHTWELL, BURNELL, CLARKE, COOPER, CROSS, DEWEY, DEWSBURY, FLOWER, FREEMAN, GAWTHROP, GIDDINGS, GIGNER, GILBERT, GILLIONS, GOLTRIP, GOTHARD, HARRISON, HAWKINS, IRONS, JEFFERY, LEVITT, MARTIN, MODEN, NEWMAN, NEWELL, ONG, TALL, TAYLOR, TINGEY, WHITEHEAD, YARROW.

Offline Sparkle26

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Seymore / Seymour but i dont see more.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 February 06 16:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi

1891 Coveney Cambs RG12/1297 F 53 P 5
32 Main Street
Seymour
David 52 Head Farm Lab b Witchford
Mary A 54 Wife b Prickenllow?

1891 St Mary Cambs RG12/1298 F 181 P 8
Eagle Iron Foundrey
Sarah Seymour 16 Domestic Servant to the Williamson Family b Coveney

I can't see George in the 1891   Sorry

Claire  :)
Connell Boon Favell Patchett Hinch Hutton Markham Calvert Codd Scullion Linton Martin Coupland Daniel
Day Cook Pepperdine West And many many more

ALL CENSUS INFORMATION IS CROWN COPYRIGHT from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline AndrewMartin

• RootsChat Member
  • Tweet me: www.twitter.com/familytreeuk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 February 06 16:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi

1891 Coveney Cambs RG12/1297 F 53 P 5
32 Main Street
Seymour
David 52 Head Farm Lab b Witchford
Mary A 54 Wife b Prickenllow?

Thanks for that Claire. I wonder what induced them to return to Coveney? The Moden children stuck around in Ely in the Green's Farm area. Anyway thanks, that's given me a little more of an idea where to home in on.
Andrew Martin
Cambridgeshire, England.
https://www.familytreeuk.co.uk
https://familyhistoriespodcast.com

Researching: BABBIDGE, BAILEY, BARBER, BARKER, BISHOP, BOULTER, BOWERS, BRIGHTWELL, BURNELL, CLARKE, COOPER, CROSS, DEWEY, DEWSBURY, FLOWER, FREEMAN, GAWTHROP, GIDDINGS, GIGNER, GILBERT, GILLIONS, GOLTRIP, GOTHARD, HARRISON, HAWKINS, IRONS, JEFFERY, LEVITT, MARTIN, MODEN, NEWMAN, NEWELL, ONG, TALL, TAYLOR, TINGEY, WHITEHEAD, YARROW.

Offline Sparkle26

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 February 06 16:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Could this be a marriage for Sarah Seymore daughter of Rebecca & John Seymore

Marriage
Sarah Seymour Dec qtr 1840 North Witchford Cambs 14 244
Grooms: Issac Vine or William Norman

Claire  :)
Connell Boon Favell Patchett Hinch Hutton Markham Calvert Codd Scullion Linton Martin Coupland Daniel
Day Cook Pepperdine West And many many more

ALL CENSUS INFORMATION IS CROWN COPYRIGHT from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk